Iraqi SWAT Flag?

Ben@HI

I was told this was brought back by a SF member who got it during either a 2006 or 2007 deployment. unfortunately I was not able to get any solid info on the vet as the seller did not want to tell me for fear I would deal directly with the vet. I have been trying to find info on this for sometime now and have not found anything. does anyone know what the story behind this flag is?

post-100928-0-78661100-1456375410.jpg

Nice flag and the first of this type I've seen. Usually you see 1/2 US flag and1/2 Iraqi flag so this is interesting. Likely it was a presentation flag to the soldier as a thank you for training the Iraqi SWAT guys. Unfortunately they didn't customize it with a unit or the trainers name. Still an excellent flag :D

riflegreen297

Let me check some things. I believe the scorpion was the symbol for the IZ SWAT that worked with the teams working out of the STACK house in Al-Hilla. Especially if it was in the 06-07 time frame. This was before the regional IZ SWAT units became Nationalized under the ERB and GEN. No'aman. The yellow may be for 1st SFG(A) who had an ODA there during that time frame.

thanks, I like don't think it is a gift or a PCS award because of its large size and its double sided as wells as looking like it has been flown outside a good bit. most of the gift / souvenir flags I have seen never look like they were meant to be used and most were single sided and most were on the small side. I could be wrong but it just doesn't make sense to me

thanks, I like don't think it is a gift or a PCS award because of its large size and its double sided as wells as looking like it has been flown outside a good bit. most of the gift / souvenir flags I have seen never look like they were meant to be used and most were single sided and most were on the small side. I could be wrong but it just doesn't make sense to me

I've run across both the larger as well as smaller sized flags as well. I do agree that it is very odd to find double-sided anything. I couldn't really tell from the pictures that it has seen some use/wear so I'd agree it does lend it to being a used flag as opposed to presentation. Hopefully more info turns up for you :D