Unknown Gulf War Microphone? NBC?

SergeantMajorGray

It's a blower/pusher fan for a gas mask. Fits over the C2 or C2A1 filter and pushes air through to aid in breathing and to create positive pressure in the mask.

Variant you have has the early 3 pin connector. I'm unsure what they were originally for, though I do have what appears to be a trial/experimental aviator configuration using the same blowers. The same type of blower was later configured for the M45 air warrior mask; the difference being the power plug. I've seen M45 ones with 1991 production dates (before the M45 existed), leading me to believe they are modified from the type like you have.

I attached a pic of that setup I mentioned. The cables on the blowers hook into a switch box that has a receptacle for a 6v battery.

-Cheers from another NC resident

post-60060-0-66474600-1456453850.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

It's a blower/pusher fan for a gas mask. Fits over the C2 or C2A1 filter and pushes air through to aid in breathing and to create positive pressure in the mask.

Variant you have has the early 3 pin connector. I'm unsure what they were originally for, though I do have what appears to be a trial/experimental aviator configuration using the same blowers. The same type of blower was later configured for the M45 air warrior mask; the difference being the power plug. I've seen M45 ones with 1991 production dates (before the M45 existed), leading me to believe they are modified from the type like you have.

I attached a pic of that setup I mentioned. The cables on the blowers hook into a switch box that has a receptacle for a 6v battery.

-Cheers from another NC resident

Thank you very much I thought this was going to remain unknown. I think this fits into the collection.

• 5 years later...