Amico gunners wings in original box

mmerc20

I just wanted to share a couple pictures of a pair of Amico gunner wings in their original box. The wings are unmarked which kinda surprised me, but with the original box, it helps for future identification of other unmarked pieces.

Mike

post-3373-1220132618.jpg

[quote name='bobgee' post='189249' date='Aug 30 2008, 03:11 PM']Very nice ------except they are Bombardier Wings not Aerial Gunner.
Bobgee[/quote]
That's true... I believe.

Slight, but definite difference. See where tail fins of bomb extend above the circle and wings.

Reference link:
[url="http://www.b24bestweb.com/b24bestweb-Wings.htm"]http://www.b24bestweb.com/b24bestweb-Wings.htm[/url]

I just wanted to share a couple pictures of a pair of Amico gunner wings in their original box. The wings are unmarked which kinda surprised me, but with the original box, it helps for future identification of other unmarked pieces.

Mike

Not to be critical or picky but, I see an extra hole in the box liner where it looks like something else was in the box that had clutch pins closer together than the wings in the box now? It would be hard to convince me that those wings came in that box without some other indication. Sorry, just my thoughts. Regards.

Oops. I did mean bombardier. I don't know about the extra pin hole, but if you look at the wear mark on the fabric where the wings sit, it is clear they came from those. I think someone was just careless when trying to pin them in at one point. I will try to get a picture of that tomorrow.

Mike

Interesting that they are in an AMICO box as all of the AMICO wings I've seen are of the pelican beak variety where this one is not. On the other hand, the clutch posts are high which I use as one of the tells for an original AMCIO wing. Interesting too, that it is in a box and not hallmarked. A lot of AMICO wings were simply fixed to thick paper cards printed with their logo...I would take the trademark on the box to be early since only a few of the hallmarked wings bore that mark; however, can't say that I've seen an AMICO box marked any other way. For what it's worth....

Paul S.