Reproduction Bancroft Flighters

SocietyBrandHatCo

SocietyBrandHatCo

These have been on our website for quite some time but they haven't yet been shared here. These are 100% accurate Bancroft Flighters, complete with original NOS US military khaki worsted wool fabric, genuine rayon satin lining, cellophane plastic sweat shield, and authentic markings. These are made from a pattern taken from an actual Bancroft Flighter. Yes, we took one apart and reverse engineered a pattern to make certain it is as accurate as possible. Making a generic uniform cap from reproduction WWII materials and marking it "Flighter" doesn't make it a true Flighter. These are true Flighters.

post-153561-0-38841300-1456240532.jpg

This looks like an exquisite copy of the WWII Bancroft Flighter. Unlike most of the repros, the color of the leather is bang on. I am interested in seeing the underside of the bill. Is it as pliable as the real deal?

Do you make them in tan and chocolate?

Allan

SocietyBrandHatCo

Allan,

I'm working on making OD #51 Flighters and having them in stock and ready to ship. They will be on the website (wwiiflightwear.com) when they are ready. The underside of the visor is left unfinished, the same as early originals (mid-late war Flighters had a piece of suede glued to the underside to give them a more finished look). The visors are very, very, very flexible.

SocietyBrandHatCo

I have the correct gold satin now for your cap. Not a common color. Unfortunately I had to take a different Flighter apart as I needed the dimensions of every piece.