One of the Most Complete OSS Groupings I Have Ever Seen

Grant Bias

Here is another grouping that I finally paid off and picked up Wednesday night at the SOS. A friend of mine told me about it on Kraska's site, so when I saw it, I had to bite the bullet and get it. It is just so amazing in hand and IMO one of the most complete and historically significant OSS groups out there. I wanted to share with everyone the embroidery work on the patches is just amazing. Many thanks to Bob Chatt for identifying the Chinese badge with caduceus attached below. Enjoy

post-4979-0-29533800-1456176804.jpg

Jedburgh wing and Special Recon Bn. Scroll. On his four pocket tunic is the ghost outline where the scroll was removed. Also, I found on an OSS website another picture of Fred Agee along with other Jedburgh officers and they are all wearing the Special Recon Bn. scrolls.

post-4979-0-89691800-1456177027.jpg

Here is the picture of Capt Fred Agee along with other OSS officers. Capt. Agee is top row, 2nd from left. The only medical officer in the picture.

post-4979-0-83286700-1456177093.jpg

The Chinese badge

This is actually a Japanese badge not Chinese. I was curious as to what it said so I had some friends translate the characters. Apparently it is old obsolete characters (kanji) and the front translates to Foreign Economics Group. The back top line translates to "28 Years China". The second line translates to "Japan's Best Products Association: Organizer". The third line translates to "Chamber of Commerce: Sponsor". Great grouping by the way!

River Patrol

This is actually a Japanese badge not Chinese. I was curious as to what it said so I had some friends translate the characters. Apparently it is old obsolete characters (kanji) and the front translates to Foreign Economics Group. The back top line translates to "28 Years China". The second line translates to "Japan's Best Products Association: Organizer". The third line translates to "Chamber of Commerce: Sponsor". Great grouping by the way!

So, what exactly is this Japanese badge? If anyone knows....

Jumpin Jack

I have been collecting since July 1944, and have yet to acquire my first piece of attributed OSS material. You are to be congratulat-ed! Jack

• 4 years later...