US Armor in the MTO photos

ccmax

I have just acquired a large grouping of photos. In the lot there are a few shots of US armor in the Northern Apennines. Here's a couple of them. First a TD with two of its crewmen. Probably from the 894th TD battalion, which was in close support of Brazilian troops.

post-19-1170960713.jpg

The second photo shows a Sherman, given the context of the image, I believe it belonged to the 760th Armored Battalion. The officer with the side cap is Brazilian Major Carlos Gross, commading officer of an infantry battalion. All the other men in the image are US troops.

post-19-1170960964.jpg

A Tank Destroyer in support of the 10th Mountain division during the final Spring Offensive in Italy, April 1945 (from an official archival source, copyright free).

post-19-1171380678.jpg

Cesar,

Do you have any pictures of joint operations with 10th mountain division and the BeF?.

Cheers,

Dave.

I remember you told me about it Arturo, I was in the area for the last time in 2003, with a group of vets. We visited the Il Ciocco park with a good friend of mine, Davide from Montignoso, to see the zone in which they had fought against the 148th Infantry Division.