USMC boondockers at WWII Impressions

ww2imp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sgt. BARney

I bought my first pair of these in 2009 or 2010 specifically to wear at my first try at the commemorative Bataan Death March held each year at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. I have completed three of these events so far and wore my WWIIImpressions boondockers every time. This is a 26 mile event with a lot of desert sand walking, not to mention about 6 months of daily walking prior to each event in training. I also wear them as everyday shoes on weekends too. I've had them resoled once, and they are still good solid shoes. Before these I had a pair of less expensive pair of repro boondockers, and they were done after about 6 months. Love these shoes!

PS - This is NOT a compensated endorsement. Thumbs up Juan! Hope these are available for years to come.

• 3 weeks later...
USMC1945Pacific

I bought my first pair of these in 2009 or 2010 specifically to wear at my first try at the commemorative Bataan Death March held each year at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. I have completed three of these events so far and wore my WWIIImpressions boondockers every time. This is a 26 mile event with a lot of desert sand walking, not to mention about 6 months of daily walking prior to each event in training. I also wear them as everyday shoes on weekends too. I've had them resoled once, and they are still good solid shoes. Before these I had a pair of less expensive pair of repro boondockers, and they were done after about 6 months. Love these shoes!

PS - This is NOT a compensated endorsement. Thumbs up Juan! Hope these are available for years to come.

I heard sizes run large . What is the dope?

We work very hard to earn the praises such as this and they help to keep us going. Thank you for your support and glad to be of service. We ain't going anywhere!

Sizes depend on the shape of your toes. Because of the pointed shape you may have to order up if you need more room. If not, they tend to run true if not a little roomy.

Sgt. BARney

I usually wear size 11-1/2 EEE, and my first pair of WWIIImpressions boondockers were 12's. They are probably a little long for my feet. The leather has stretched some and they fit my feet real well for width. My second pair are 11-1/2 and the length is better. They are fairly new and still feel a bit tight for width but should stretch over time. No complaints or surprises with the size based on my experience.