Mystery Quartermaster Patches (5 total)

Major Z

Hello all. I have five Quartermaster patches that I would like to share to see if anyone can shed some light on what they are. The first two I just picked up at the SoS a few days ago. The first one here has stumped some experts that I took it to at the show. I welcome any information on it and the others. So, here's the first of five:

post-153340-0-37392600-1456103362.jpg

post-153340-0-16982300-1456103376.jpg

Nice find! So we are probably looking pocket patches for different QM units out of Fort Lee in the 1950's then? They seem to date from that period (matching twill backing on one and the similarity in construction to the 3rd ACR from the 1950's on the lightning patch).

-Ski

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see post #10 above?

I did; thank you. My inquiry for that first patch stands though. I've not encountered it before and I've been asked to provide it for inclusion in a new patch book. If anyone knows about it, that would help the author and me as well. Thanks!

Hi David,

Well, you've got the experts interested; let's keep our fingers crossed. Anyway, we have the 36th ID'd. Have a good weekend

Barry

• 2 years later...
ocsfollowme

The 1st patch in this thread just sold in a large lot of patches. After parting out everything I believe that the buyer paid $280-300 for this one.

post-122868-0-86615400-1523232616.jpg

By chance in looking through a back-issue of ASMIC, I found the first patch listed is for a Quartermaster Radioman. That's all it said, so I don't know that its a definitive identification. I still don't really know its purpose other than that.