SOS 2016 Show Buys, Post them

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, barely have time to breath here - the hits just keep on comin! Aircorps, nice haul - esp. love the FSSF jacket and medals. Wow!

Please keep bringin' it boys! :)

Very best,

Bill

WTB USMC NAMED GROUPINGS, WWI, WWII (ESPECIALLY 4TH MARINE DIVISION ITEMS) AND UNIS MARKED ITEMS, NAMED INFANTRY DIVISION 4 POCKET CLASS A JACKETS, ESPECIALLY 34th ID AND NAMED GROUPINGS, FIRST SPECIAL SERVICE FORCE ITEMS

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Now thats a banner...

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

A few things I brought back. A 4th, 28th, 29th, 35th, 80th, 82nd, 88th, and 89th tunic. A 4th, 77th, 80th, and 89th helmet. The other helmet is a British made brodie. Also picked up a 77th Identified gas mask and bag, and a super nice guy even through in a yard log photo of the 337th Inf. Regt HQ Co. The 82nd tunic also had ID tags and a victory medal.

post-8007-0-03420000-1456194223.jpg

These are my SoS finds. Both uniforms are ID'd. The Ike is to a veteran of the 2nd Engineer Special Brigade who served in the southern Philippines, New Guinea, and Bismarck Archipalago. The Navy jacket is to a chief electricians mate who was awarded the bronze star medal. He was a submariner who served about the USS Saury, USS S-38, and USS Tinosa. I picked several helmets with most interesting being the Brodie with a burlap camo application. Also got a nice 15th AAF bullion patch to go towards completing a collection of air corps bullion patches. I like artwork so I picked several magazines and with good artwork. The found the sock box very unique. I did managed to add a nice private marked lid to the helmet collection. Supposedly the British flag was flown on a ship during D-Day, but that's all that is...just a story. My surprise find was an ID'd Canadian flight helmet with a set of hard to find Mk IVB goggles.

post-104736-0-55376200-1456199614.jpeg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

Bob is right, it is from 1939. The badge is for the "North Chinese Economic Mission to Japan." It would have been worn by delegates from Manchukuo (Chinese and Japanese) who took part in an economic build up campaign. The badge would have had a dragon along the top initially as well.

Need help to identify this piece of insignia. It is made from solid silver and has a serial number plus Chinese writing. If anyone has any information on what this is it would be much appreciated.

Some great finds from everyone.

It seems I need to plan a trip to the USA during SOS.

Looking to buy D-Day and 101st/82nd related groupings

Doolittle Raider Jacob DeShazer: 'If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raise Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Neat artwork on this sock box that will go well with a PTO display

That is soooo cool! I love different display pieces like that. Very nice pick up!

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

I am looking for the guy that picked up my WWII 69th Fighter group with Sqdrn Patch and Survival kits and maps of Japan. It was Thursday at the SoS.

(We just got in more of the grouping... D'oh!)

(Same unit - but this photo is Scott's from Bay State Militaria)

69th.JPG

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Wow, great stuff guys. Congrats to all who scored. That OSS group is killer.

I was able to pick up some great early USMC items. My favorite is the War Service Cert to a 6th MG Bn Marine; Harvey West. Didn't know what unit he was until I got it back to the hotel and looked him up. The other service cert is to a Quartermaster Sergeant who was promoted to 2nd LT during the war and actually made the famous ammo resupply run with SgtMaj Quick (two time MoH recipient). For this action he was awarded the Silver Star citation.

I couldn't resist the outstanding GySgt uniform with gun pointer striker on the sleeve. It came with the original cover (dated 1922-23) and belt with trousers.

Also found two yard longs. One is the 5th Marine Brigade and the other a very rare photo of three Marines being presented with an individual award of the French Croix de Guerre medal for heroism.

Overall the SoS was again a great show. Thanks to Steve1987 and his buddies for helping me with manning the table and packing out. If not for them, I'd have surely missed out on some of these finds.

post-4618-0-90118000-1456268053.jpg

Wow Some great pick ups! Saw a few of those at the show and a lot I didn't see. I am in awe of the history here in the thread. All I picked up was 3 riker cases and 3 RPPCs. The colorized portrait is Named to a S/SGT Russ Sammons of the 49th Bomb Sqd, 2nd bombardment group 15th AAF. The other two are great shots of both versions of the British made ETO enlisted men's jackets.

Mike

post-1387-0-49124000-1456350412.jpg

post-1387-0-21782200-1456350443.jpg

post-1387-0-97056000-1456350516.jpg

A collecter of photographs

Always looking for PTO related photos and photo albums. also looking for 134th CB USN and 711th railroad operating battalion photos and photo albums.

Mike Harpe

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif