• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOS 2016 Show Buys, Post them

Well we are back from the show ,And it was a great show for me,Weather was good. Meet some new faces from the forum.

And here are some of my new buys from the show, I bought one KIA, marine medal , and some marine uniforms and one hawley type one helmet. Very happy with my new items.There was so much stuff there to buy. And some good prices,.

Nick

post-421-0-83102900-1456059716.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my big find. 37th ID custom tailored service coat with patched shirt and 3 pairs of pants, with one set being Aussie made.

post-80799-0-72190100-1456066172.jpeg

Always interested in items related to the 37th Infantry Division or 145th Infantry Regiment in WWII

"Let them not be forgotten for they have shown the world that freedom is not free"

Close up of the ribbons. I also picked up a bunch of 37th pins, 2 very nice cartridge belts, a nice Carbine butt stock pouch, and a nice 1910 pack set. The pack has some mouse damage, but the pouch and tail are in good shape and will go well with my other 1910 pack. Also got a very nice 1st pattern HBT jacket...was surprised at how scarce those, the pants, and Daisy mae's were at the show as I hoping to find the latter as well. Looking forward to see what others found!

post-80799-0-27405900-1456066222.jpeg

Always interested in items related to the 37th Infantry Division or 145th Infantry Regiment in WWII

"Let them not be forgotten for they have shown the world that freedom is not free"

Heres my SOS haul, couldnt be happier and had a blast at the show buying and selling!.......mike

Picture 2073272819.jpg

Mike, I actually found a rigger patch early this morning but they dealer wasn't to be found anywhere before we left. If I remember correctly he was only a row or two away from your tables.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

Oh darn, wish i saw it, thanks for keeping an eye out for me mike!.....oh yeah heres one more helmet that i found that didnt make the group photo, i had to gently wash out the liner cuz it was so stinky, :wacko: first time ive ever done that but had to be done!...a nice Vietnam era Short timer helmet, very well painted in 1960s-1970s groovy font....hard to see in pics but lots of age patina and micro cracking to the white paint....love this thing!....mike

post-350-0-93978800-1456094432.jpg

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Better to be dealing with a short timer than a short round. Great haul, Mike.

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Well we are back from the show ,And it was a great show for me,Weather was good. Meet some new faces from the forum.

And here are some of my new buys from the show, I bought one KIA, marine medal , and some marine uniforms and one hawley type one helmet. Very happy with my new items.There was so much stuff there to buy. And some good prices,.

Nick

We need details Nick!

Kurt

My hobby is my job and my job is my hobby. High School and University History Instructor

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

My KIA Marine heart is from Eniwetok, he was from Milwaukee Wisconsin. That leaves me for one more Island to the Marshall Atoll islands for Marines. My uniforms ,Their were no Tarawa,Their where no named ones that I saw. My 6th is a WIA. My one corpsman has no division patch. The other is for the first Division,

Kurt their were a lot of uniforms their pretty cheap,compared to ebay. Marine hearts their were very few that I saw. But some nice ones.

Nick

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

BEST SHOW of SHOWS EVER! I was able to pick up these items at the show and all that I can say is WOW! I want to thank all of the individuals who I was able to purchase these items from. I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Anyway, on to the stuff. The first pictures is of a large OSS grouping to one man who served in Europe and in Asia. He was the only jumping doctor of the OSS in Europe and made one jump into France and was wounded accidentally by a gunshot wound to the leg and had to be evacuated back to England. All of his uniforms have the Jedburgh wing and have been on there forever. His Chinese Commando insignias are just mind-blowing and some of the best out there. I have more items in the group, but I just wanted to show the highlights. The OSS Jump certificate is ultra rare.

post-4979-0-00856600-1456101408.jpg

Heres my SOS haul, couldnt be happier and had a blast at the show buying and selling!.......mike

attachicon.gifPicture 2073272819.jpg

That face in that helmet is priceless. Nice haul

Always looking for uniquely marked helmets, WWI and WWII American Field Service items, WWII and earlier USMC items and named or numbered medals and medal groups.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

post-8016-0-48641800-1578110344.jpeg

Grant -

Terrific pick ups! That OSS group is from Bay State Militaria correct? Awesome! Love the double jump wings. Very nice.

Love to hear more and see more up close pics of the 509th stuff and, well, the other Airborne stuff as well!

Thank you for sharing.

Best,

Bill K.

WTB USMC NAMED GROUPINGS, WWI, WWII (ESPECIALLY 4TH MARINE DIVISION ITEMS) AND UNIS MARKED ITEMS, NAMED INFANTRY DIVISION 4 POCKET CLASS A JACKETS, ESPECIALLY 34th ID AND NAMED GROUPINGS, FIRST SPECIAL SERVICE FORCE ITEMS

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif