Ground Crew saves F-15 and aircrew by quick thinking

gwb123

When the work is dangerous, you train everyone to lead. Perfect example.

Highly trained troops are confident troops. Well done.

Greatest Generation ? They are serving right now.

Wharf

Air Force Commendation Medals for saving at least one $30 MILLION dollar aircraft?

Surely the Airman's Medal would have been a better choice. Hard to fathom that they got the same award that people get for far, far more mundane actions.

But wow, what fast thinking and great work. Great story.

You know, no matter what they were awarded, they will forever have the satisfaction of knowing what they did and the risks they took.

Note that this was at least publicized on an official website. It's the modern version of "being mentioned in dispatches".

I applaud the work of the ground crew...having "been there, done that"..I have a pretty good visual of what was happening...and after it was over all the back slapping and boisterous talk of "did you see that..."

fires on acft on the ground are not common, yet not rare....they happen, it is part of the job....AF Commendation medals fit the bill for non combat related heroics...and they deserve them...

My son is now part of this generations military..a F22 crew chief....and yeah ...a great generation of young airmen....