Airborne DI Advice

excoelis1

Hello;

I want to start collecting US Distinctive Insignia to all US Airborne Units. I would need the best advice possible for the price range to pay, where to get them ie: Forum member, Dealers etc..., the best references ie: Books, articles, journals etc...

I am waiting for your input and coments. Thanks very much.

Cheers

Pierre

Pierre,

I would suggest that you start by making a list of the unit crests that you are looking for. You also need to decide just how intensively you are going to collect them. Do you just want one of each unit? Are you going to collect them by maker? Are you going to specialize by unit? Do you want to collect the beret flashes also?

Collecting these can be fun, but they can be a headache too. Most DI's will run $2-3 each for modern ones. VN era ones will run $5-10 in most cases. WWII DI's can run several hundreds of dollars each.

After you have decided on the focus and have made the list, you might try posting the list on the wanted section. You can find them on eBay, though you will usually be paying around $5 each since people don't want to ship things for less than that. KM Coll 2 (Jim McDuff) is a great eBay seller for these.

Allan