Old U.S. Naval Academy Cups

From an estate sale of a U.S. Naval officer who served on a submarine during WW2 (USS Segundo) and later Captained the USS Okinawa (during the 1960's). Unfortunately none of Captain T. D. Brooks' uniforms were available for sale, and someone already picked up the two cigarette lighters (from the Segundo and the Okinawa) before I was able to stop by the sale.

Japanese rifle available, which was very rusted, and appears to have had a significant section of the forward wooden stock cut off. I passed on the rifle.

However I did pick up a pair of small cups - my mom referred to them as "demi-cups," which were supposed to be for hot chocolate or some such. She said these were too small to be for tea (U.S. Quarter in the photo to add scale).

One has a crest for the U.S. Naval Academy, while I'm not sure what the symbol on the other signifies. For $5 for the pair I was glad to at least have found something to add to my collection.

Any idea what these are, and from what time era?

Bryan

post-152877-0-32673000-1455942046.jpg

post-152877-0-94187700-1455942051.jpg

post-152877-0-19749500-1455942057.jpg

I've never seen these before for the USNA, though I do have the "admiral's mess" version of them. My wife also introduced me to them as "demi-cups" or "demitass-cups". I believe for small amounts of coffee.

Really neat...hope they can be identified!

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

nice pickups! , is there a makers mark on the bottom of the cups? sometimes a cup can be dated by the maker.

No markings on the cups.

I have to say - as a retired U.S. Army First Sergeant - that these are the sorts of things the Army would NEVER have!

Navy? Seems so ....