A Silk Army Amphibious Engineers (Engineer Special Brigades ) patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Happy Friday all,
I'm VERY pleased to add this piece to my collection.It is superbly crafted of silk,and I believe it to Japanese made.I did some info searching and found out that there were 6 Engineer Special Brigades,3 were deployed to the ETO,and 3 went to the PTO.

Here is some info I found regarding the deployments:

Deployment and subordinate units
The 1st, 5th, and 6th Engineer Special Brigades were assigned to the European Theater of Operations, while the 2nd and 4th Engineer Special Brigades were assigned to the Pacific Theater of Operations. The 3rd Engineer Special Brigade was assigned directly to the Amphibious Training Center; responsible for the training of various Army units in amphibious warfare until the dissolution of the Amphibious Training Center. It was then assigned to the Pacific Theater of Operations. The 1st Engineer Special Brigade was the only ESB to fight in both theaters of the war.
The various subordinate engineer boat, engineer amphibian, and engineer shore regiments were all redesignated as engineer boat & shore regiments (EB&SR) by the end of the war.

Since the 4th ESB ended up in Japan(inactivated there 15 April 1946),perhaps my patch was made for a 4th Soldier?

post-13386-0-88268000-1455940541.jpg

RichiesRelics

Very nice patch! One of my relatives served as a medic with the 4th ESB, 264th Battalion, C Company in the Pacific.

Thanks for sharing.

Richard

Patchcollector

Hi Richard,Thanks!Before I picked this patch up I didn't even know that some of these units served in the Pacific.For some reason I had thought that they all served in the ETO.

Patchcollector

Very nice score! Thanks for information about PTO also, didn't know either

Eric

Thanks Eric,so it was a learning experience for both of us then! ^_^