USMC flight gear in the 1920/30s

Lone Star Models

Lone Star Models

Pardon me if you have read this bit elsewhere. I am pretty sure some have not.

My Great Uncle Horace "Hoke" Palmer was a Marine Corps. pilot in Central America in the 1920s and 30s. I did not grow up knowing him but my Great Aunt left me his photo albums. They were made of that black paper stuff that is now crumbling and falling apart. It would take me days to scan and post all of the interesting photos of him and other men in various uniforms and equipment. So much variance that you would swear they just wore what ever they wanted to while flying. There are some great group photos that really show this to an advantage. I am still trying to learn how to resize them for posting. I also have two photos that are from someone he knew stationed in China or thereabouts showing the execution of someone by beheading. Not for the Squeemish!

Sorry for the tease, one day I'll post them.

Mike

A couple of topics discussing image resizing...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26756-on-line-image-resizing/

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/98751-resizing-pictures/

I have a China album, same era, same problem with the black paper. I ended up using acid free paper, photo tabs and page protectors to rebuild the album in similar format, but typed out and pasted any rear captions besides the image so they could be read without handling the photos

Lone Star Models

Here are a few new ones. The first photo identifies the officer on the back as a Maj. Evans and his crew I believe the other two photos are the same man in different gear. The aircraft is a Dehaviland DH-4

post-88013-0-98666400-1456110563.jpg

post-88013-0-19197900-1456110592.jpg

post-88013-0-21554800-1456110618.jpg