Question regarding USAF abbreviation on cup

I have a pewter tankard awarded to someone in 1965. I've been able to determine he was at one time a member of the 98th Air Refueling Squadron, but the markings on the cup do not correlate. It has the Air Force emblem, the date, and the part I am not able to determine, "Sem. 22" between the date and eagle. The sides are engraved with 14 other names, I'm assuming the names of men whom he supervised.

Does anyone know what the "Sem. 22" indicates?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on that, it's not actually mine, I was researching for a friend, will see about snapping a pic and getting it uploaded here.

Anyway you can post a pic or give the whole inscription?

Here you go. I have a limit of what I can upload per day, so if you want more detail let me know and I can give that another day. Along each sire are seven names, alphabetical, from Corrigan to Wizenenski.

The front reads

Erv Lovdahl

SEM. 22

post-161985-0-75457600-1457583497.jpg

Yeah, I am stumped. I would think it's not an acronym, since they used a period and there is only one. If it were SEM or S.E.M., I could find some acronyms that may work. Senior Enlisted Man, System Equipment/Munitions, Spare Equipment Maint.

I thought it commemorated some sort of class or supervisory role for a unit of 12 men when I first saw it, but that was just my guess.

I am going to say Spokane Enlisted Mess.

I see the 98th ARS was stationed there for a time, and later other Refueling squadrons.

I see from your avatar that you are in Oregon. Spokane might make sense. Not sure what the 22 was, maybe that was his member number or something, who knows.

That's my guess anyway.