swag

Mystery Accoutrement for Sam Browne Belt (?)

I have no idea what this is. Kind of looks like a frog or some such device for securing something to a belt. The metal "pins" are something I haven't seen before. There is some tooling marks on the reverse. Looks like it has two stainless steel grommets, also. Possibly private purchase? What would it hold? No markings on it that I can see. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

post-2757-0-30070700-1455826343.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to downsize! I'm selling off a large portion of my collection. Message me for the most up to date list of items.

I have American and foreign; Army, Air Force, and Navy; Span-Am War to current; mostly originals but some reproductions.

Always looking for numbered Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. Message me if you have any, maybe we can make a deal.

Looking for Purple Heart number 172669.

post-2757-0-53566300-1455826439.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to downsize! I'm selling off a large portion of my collection. Message me for the most up to date list of items.

I have American and foreign; Army, Air Force, and Navy; Span-Am War to current; mostly originals but some reproductions.

Always looking for numbered Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. Message me if you have any, maybe we can make a deal.

post-2757-0-68247200-1455826475.jpg

Close ups...

post-2757-0-32091500-1455826547.jpg

post-2757-0-03691200-1455826553.jpg

More close ups...

post-2757-0-44281800-1455826595.jpg

post-2757-0-92054600-1455826596.jpg

Swag - I'm going to take a swag on this and say it looks like it might be for carrying a night stick? I'm sure that thought crossed your mind but figured I'd throw it out there.

Semper Fi

Jeff

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

thats my guess as well. MP or Shore Patrol...

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Oddly that was my guess, but these types of things are way outside my area of knowledge. Thanks for the input. At least now I know others came up with the same possibility. Thanks!

Kevin

I am wondering if it is military at all. I agree it looks like a night stick carrier, but it is certainly not GI issue. Do any police departments use brown leather?

G

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

It's reasonably modern, whatever it is. Those metal fittings are all commercially available. Looks homemade, but did a pretty good job.

donation2015.gif

I am leaning toward a tool or blade carrier of some kind. The lower strap to secure the scabbard or cover and the upper strap to secure the handle. Perhaps non-U.S. but I have no clue.

Bob

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I have been collecting US Army Military Police items for 40 years. I have never seen any items like this. Looks to be commo maybe a lineman tool carrier.

This is a Romanian leather belt frog for carrying the AKM bayonet. A few years ago, Romanian AKM bayonets and frogs were imported in huge quantities. They were almost given away, because the importers were just awash in them.

worldbayonets.com | Bayonet Collector's Network (BCN) | Society of American Bayonet Collectors | NRA Life Member

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.General M. I. Dragomirov

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.