8th/9th AF Ground Crewman "FLYING THUNDERBOLT" GROUP

doyler

Great stuff! Those 9th AF ground attack units don't get nearly enough attention.

Thanks

The vet was an armorer and often they get little to no credit at all.

Looking at the unit history and photos it rea;;y shows the primative conditions they had to live and work in.

Here's another photo "P-47 Thunderbolt “Chunky” of 365th Fighter Squadron, 358th Fighter Group at High Halden, Kent in June 1944. (U.S. Air Force Photograph.)"

This is also in the unit history.

doinworkinvans

Awesome man! Its so sweet when more items pop up! Did you get a call about them or did you stumble upon them?

Congrats!

Awesome man! Its so sweet when more items pop up! Did you get a call about them or did you stumble upon them?

Congrats!

Thanks Daniel

We had spoke at the auction the day I bought the other items.The family had mentioned other items and I had spoke with them last summer as they had called me.They were going to be in the area and we arranged to meet on Monday.We live 20 miles or so apart.They were wanting to pass the items on as they are down sizing.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice to add more to this grouping!

I'm looking to get my hands on one of those Orange Tail unit history books. They pop up on ebay now and then. I have a grouping from a KIA 366th FS pilot.

• 2 years later...

Just found this thread and thought I might add an A2 from the 366th FS. This A2 belonged to Maj. James F. Hackler, Silver Star winner and is part of a larger Hackler grouping that I have in my collection.

post-23999-0-86424300-1572059159.jpg