M1C Chinstrap WW2

Tyska

And not M1-C (those are rivets, not snaps for a para liner).

actually it looks like they may be snaps but the male and female side being on the strap for easy installation onto a helmet? i may be wrong but looks that way to me

A fellow member's helmet made an appearance on the forum with those same chinstraps within the last week. They are definitely off of a European or South American M1 clone, but unfortunately I can't identify the exact model that they were use on.

actually it looks like they may be snaps but the male and female side being on the strap for easy installation onto a helmet? i may be wrong but looks that way to me

If you look at the piece that has been 'peened' you will see there is no elevation to the male portion, making it impossible to snap into a liner. In addition to the fact that they were clearly riveted to the loops in lieu of sewing, not to be attached to corresponding snaps in a liner.

If you look at the piece that has been 'peened' you will see there is no elevation to the male portion, making it impossible to snap into a liner. In addition to the fact that they were clearly riveted to the loops in lieu of sewing, not to be attached to corresponding snaps in a liner.

i meant the chinstrap snaps to itself not to a liner as a simple way to put the strap on the helmet. rather than a rivet or stitching, they used snaps. so that would be the back of the male snap

i meant the chinstrap snaps to itself not to a liner as a simple way to put the strap on the helmet. rather than a rivet or stitching, they used snaps. so that would be the back of the male snap

Now I understand what you are saying, but I don't think they were installed that way. Tyska, are you able to 'un-snap' the hardware?

ahh damned now i understand.

I didnt look at these detail and yes you are right.

These straps are not my. I found these pictures i a german forum.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.