WW1 Naval Aviation Groups and Named Tunics

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Too Much WW1 Militaria

All,

I'm starting this thread to illustrate some different WW1 Naval Aviation groups/named tunics. This will grow as I get them photoed, cropped, and shrunk. First up is a group to Chief Jerome J. Sloyan. Group consists of the tunic, bell crown discharge, War Service Certificate, letter for the Victory medal with overseas bar, and test scores from engine mechanic school. His brick is the next one I'm sending off for.

Enjoy!!!!! I have4 others to add to this thread.

post-21147-0-69334500-1455575284.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Victory medal back

I'll add the others in a bit. Compared to some of you that collect Navy, I'm a piker!!!!! LOL And, that's it for Sloyan. Up next a crew member from the NC-4, Max Bolz of Omaha NE.

post-21147-0-64727600-1455576092.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Aviation Machinist Mate 1st class Max Bolz, a crew member on the NC-4, which was the first Navy plane to successfully cross the Atlantic. Group consists of his aviation flat cap, jumper and trousers. Have never been able to figure out what the knotted rope is for, but it came with the group. Any thoughts?

post-21147-0-28460500-1455576388.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Up next is Lt Paul McCoid. This came from a forum member. He's #2 in the records order queue! This has aviation green straight leg trousers with it, the only pair I've ever seen (they are packed up). Usually you see the riding breeches, even those aren't common. He uses the more common sewn on boards which were made by removing the stiffiner out of regular boards. However, you will see pilots use the slip on boards, but this is more common. McCoid served stateside. It didn't have the wing on it when I received it, but the holes were there. I had the correct wing, so, it is back to the way it should of been. My guess is the family kept the wings. I don't know the history behind this other than Kurt and myself. And, didn't think to ask him! lol

post-21147-0-77932100-1455577042.jpg