WWII STANDARD PRODUCTS M1 CARBINE

anton67

Dirt Detective

here is my rear sight on a Standard Products carbine 43 dated.

Great pic Ronald..your post gave me the energy to go to my safe and take a smaller pic of my Inland 1-43 sight..

A little different but original all the way...

post-2677-0-25716800-1455598289.jpg

Maybe you can show us a few fakes vs authentic rear sites to give us collectors an idea what to look for.

It seems to me that the rear sites are the most faked problem.

Unscrupulous dealers are taking the updated sites off and replacing them with flip sites so they can sell the rifle as an original WWII era M1 Carbine (for lots more money).

I just wanted to see who's stocks were used by Standard Products. I know most carbine makers used stocks from several makers. Here in the western NY/ Rochester area we had Trimble which was a baby furniture maker. I had a carbine with a flip sight installed backwards so I'd guess someone had removed an adjustable sight but I didn't see any stake marks. A gunsmith reversed it and I think secured it with some Loctite.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I was very lucky to get this one.

Dirt Detective, how about some photos for us on the fake sites VS authentic ones to help us in future hunts.

Dirt Detective

Maybe you can show us a few fakes vs authentic rear sites to give us collectors an idea what to look for.

It seems to me that the rear sites are the most faked problem.

Unscrupulous dealers are taking the updated sites off and replacing them with flip sites so they can sell the rifle as an original WWII era M1 Carbine (for lots more money).

Hi Antone67....here are a few pics of repo sights....if sellers dont take good pics of the rear sight area..all sides front back and stake marks...thats a huge red flag.

With pics of original sights and the repo ( around the pin area) it can help the new collector.

post-2677-0-81002000-1455726955.jpg

post-2677-0-65140300-1455726964.jpg

post-2677-0-10246700-1455726984.jpg