WWII STANDARD PRODUCTS M1 CARBINE

anton67

get this at the Allentown gun show?

Actually I did. :D

Thanks for all of your kind comments.

The guy who sold it to me at the gun show broke it all down for me.

I had my M1 carbine book with me and we went over most of the parts.

Later when I got it home I went through everything again and sure enough the thing is 100% correct.

The metal is awesome too.

I have been looking for one of these for a while now but M1 Carbines are a mine field.

Too many have been messed with.

The rear updated sites are taken off and replaced by flip sites made in China.

Not to mention there is sooooo much to know about what markings should be on each part.

German guns are faked also but at least with them you know you are looking for a matching two digit number in most cases.

There were so many manufacturers for the Carbine that you really have to be up on them to know what you are looking at.

For instance the maker of my rifle as stated is Standard Products. You would think the barrel should be Standard Products. . . NO!

It could be Marlin, Underwood, IBM, Inland or Buffalo Arms. Also it depends on the serial number range of your rifle which barrels were used by which maker.

My barrel happens to be an undated Marlin which is correct for the serial number range.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks again for the kind comments.

Great looking carbine! I own an arsenal refurbished, CMP Standard Products with an Underwood barrel. Now I see what it used to look like!

Frank

Dirt Detective

What do you want to see on the site? What are you looking for?

Im making a photo reference file for M1 Carbine rear sights..I like to look at the pin area..it seems to be a good way to spot originals. I believe yours is original..thats why I would like to see a pic of it...Im not sure if all sights have the punch mark on the side around the pin but the more I see I might be able to confirm or deny that thought.

The pic I had was to large to post so I found one on the net to show what Im kinda lookin for..there are a lot of new collectors learnin what to look for in original rifles. :)

Again..congrats on a fantastic carbine..I would pay $2000+ for clean original Carbines like this all day long.

post-2677-0-03602100-1455594707.jpg

Dirt Detective

Here is another shot from a saginaw..it has the ring around the pin too..depending on the manufacturer the looks vary a bit, some are much lighter stamped..

post-2677-0-66654500-1455595365.jpg