Type B-11 jacket - question for owners

jonesy1275

I fancy getting one of these for the USAAF collection. Now are they sized on the large size e.g. Would a size 40" actually fit a size 44" person?

How desirable are they? The ones I've seen massively vary in price.

Regards,

Neil.

Neil ,The B11 was supposed to have been the "over wear" of the B15 jacket and A11 trouser , i have 2 examples of the A11 a 38 and a 40

The 38 fits me a treat while wearing just a shirt

As you know , they are many "civilian" issue examples of these with some real funny looking labels

LB

Carl is right. I had a size 40 that was a little big on me when I tried it on.....and I wear a 42/44. Condition, size, and maker can effect value. A really nice tagged 40 or 42 can bring $350-$500 pretty easy. I've had some really nice ones over the years. If you are patient, really clean, larger size B-11's do come up for sale.

JD

Carl is right. I had a size 40 that was a little big on me when I tried it on.....and I wear a 42/44. Condition, size, and maker can effect value. A really nice tagged 40 or 42 can bring $350-$500 pretty easy. I've had some really nice ones over the years. If you are patient, really clean, larger size B-11's do come up for sale.

JD

would that be the "BLOND" hooded version i had from you Jeff ?? :)