Packing a LPU-2/P Pneumatic Life Preserver

graffspee

Yeah, I have the AF TO/ Army TM on USAF flotation equipment. Covers packing of the LPU-2, 3 and 10 life preserves. It's the actual printed pub so I'd have to scan pages if your looking for it.

dig it...would like to see how it is supposed to be packed....correctly that is.. : )

Copy that, Ill scan the pages this week when I get a chance. I had done copies of it on my printer last year so I could also just have the few pages out when I was inspecting and repacking an improperly packed 10 that I have. The bladder ties were done backwards where the knots were external and not inside the container. Biggest challenge and finger killer doing them is securing the flaps of the container over the retaining loop that the plastic pin goes through from the inflation lanyard. Need to get a piece of dummy cord and thread it through that retaining loop and pull hard as you place the flaps gromets over the loop so it stays nice and compact with enough loop to pass the pin through.

exactly... I take para cord, remove the inner cord and use the shell to place through the loop, then the holes, pull tight and pin,,, but not sure about the packing bit...seems the bladders can only be folded a certain way or it won't fit...