Short Griswold Bag

37thguy

Thanks Doyler, I'm getting an original one from a member here that is NOS, unissued.

I appreciate the education I received here from you guys.

Thanks a bunch.

-Mark

Originals are great and I use mine.Had a dozen or more over the years and just kept 3-4 of them.

Robins is a nice one and figured you would like it just wanted to post the link if someone was looking for one.

Thanks,

his is actually perfect as it has no strap or hook on the back, so I'll not feel bad removing one, and it's OD not Khaki. Better for the Nam era.

Regards

-Mark

Most of the others I have had over the years had the hooks removed Im guessing they worked better for carry bags not having the hook banging and scratching things up.

There was one at an auction today but it would be just a extra and not worth wasting the whole day with the 240

Mile round trip.I still find them and priced reasonable.The case in the box was one of two a gun dealer found.He sold one before I met up with him.The first models are scarce.I think Bob Carted posted his here.

The modified one has the hook removed but have up graded the others that include hook.The one in the box I never have used.The others I willmput a garand in and the modified had a Full size carbine in it with a carbine canvas bag .

Robin has his reasonable shipped from WA to OH so thats not bad, AND again I dont have to remove anything and end up in Military Collectibles Purgatory!

Heres what I'm putting in mine when the bag arrives. U.S Colt's Model 607/GX-5857 built from scratch:

post-729-0-60132200-1455476149.png