Camo overalls - WWII ?

Hobza

Hi,

I know nothing about military clothing. Is this real? I've never seen before. WWII? Post War??

There is a description:

The coveralls were worn in theater by the individual, who had transferred into the division reconnaissance squadron from the 1st Armor Division.

Camouflage items were generally not worn by US forces, because of the fear of "friendly fire" incidents due to being mistake for SS personnel.

thank you

Lubos

post-8933-0-14309300-1455316784.jpg

The camo coveralls were never issued for wear in the ETO, the two piece HBT suit was however in limited use by the 2nd Armored Division.

Tom Bowers

14th and 16th Armored Divisions used camouflage uniforms as well.

There are photos of them wearing these camouflage uniforms (I think mostly stateside).

Erwin

• 2 months later...

Just stumbled on this picture.... If the caption is correct it would confirm that at least parts of the 2nd armored division wore the camo.

post-159010-0-60978600-1461837369.jpg

Just stumbled on this picture.... If the caption is correct it would confirm that at least parts of the 2nd armored division wore the camo.

attachicon.gif17th_a10 2.jpg

It's a known fact that the 17th Engineers used the 2-piece camo clothing in France. The question is though of the camo coverall was worn in the ETO too... But it seems that wasn't the case, except maybe by a few of the Marines assigned to the USN ships.

• 1 year later...
Garandomatic

There are quite a few photos of the 12th (nearly every unit within as well) wearing camo, but i think they are all stateside shots as their combat was from about December to VE.