Heating a 1942 Pyramid Tent

on-to-berlin

What is the way to set up the belly stove for heating the pyramid tent? Is it simply to feed the pipe end through the top of the tent once the cover is taken off?

I looked at the old manuals of tent and tent pitching as well as the stove manuals but none show how to set up the thing.

There was a steel triangular top to the tent that was set there when using the stove and pipe to vent the pipe safely and provide protection from the elements coming in through the hole in the roof. I had a repro many years back.

Very best

Bill K.

That is intersting. I saw original pictures that looked as if the top is made metal. how do they look like?

I've got a spec drawing somewhere and will see if I can scan it at work this week. PM me or send me an email. More than happy to share. A buddy of mine have a sheet metal guy reproduce it for him. If memory serves me right it cost around $150 but was constructed of a heavy gauge metal. If I can't scan it, I can at least take digital pictures of it for anybody interested. I need to get one made for my tent but have not gotten around to it yet.

The actual design is a four-sided pyramid, like the tent. The top of the pyramid is flat with a hole in the center where it is attached onto the center pole. One side of the heat shield has an oblong hole where the flue goes through.

Take care,
Tab