Batch of ribbons 1

Demon lord

Hello all,

I bought a lot of ribbon last week and I can't identify them all.
I need your help.

wp_20143.jpg

I think the third have a link with Civil Air Patrol but I don't find an evidence.

Thanks in advance!

Cordialy,

Jérôme

A South Vietnamese award. Awarded to and worn by many Americans. The ribbon should have a gold oak leaf frame like the US PUC to be complete.

A South Vietnamese award. Awarded to and worn by many Americans. The ribbon should have a gold oak leaf frame like the US PUC to be complete.

That is a ribbon from a Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation that is missing the gold frame. You are thinking of the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry unit award.

From the US Army Institute of Heraldry web site-

The Vietnamese PUC was awarded by the Vietnamese Government to all personnel assigned to the Military Advisory Assistance Group, Indochina during August-September 1954. No device is worn on the ribbon.

I have seen the RVN PUC worn in error by US soldiers who served in Vietnam. I think all they see is "PUC" as in the US PUC or mistake it for the RVN Gallantry unit award.

I am not thinking of the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry see what I wrote in post #2 That is the South Vietnamese Presidential Unit Citation and it is missing the gold oak leaf frame. I never said it had an oak leaf device.

I am not thinking of the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry see what I wrote in post #2 That is the South Vietnamese Presidential Unit Citation and it is missing the gold oak leaf frame. I never said it had an oak leaf device.

It was the statement, "Awarded to and worn by many Americans" that made me think you had them confused. It was awarded to the relatively few Americans of the MAAG eligible who met the requirements for service in the Aug-Sep 1954 period. The part about the device is simply part of the Institute of Heraldry explanation. I forgot the quotation marks.