Bombardier's Kit

Wistarmo@embarqmail.com

Yes, in the first picture, that was a reproduction E-case in the light brown as opposed to the usual olive. I got that from the same French company that you found. In the updated second photo, that is an original light brown E-1 case that I acquired from an estate sale a year later. I was fortunate; those light brown ones are hard to come by.

What is your opinion of that reproduction one? Is it an accurate replica and worth the cost? I just picked up an original but its not in the greatest shape. Id like a replica for museum displays and classes. Thanks.

Walt

Here is a side by side comparison of the two. The one on the left is an original. It is tan, compared to the usual olive. The one on the right is the French reproduction. It is of good quality and the interior has the same pockets and snaps. However, it is a lighter, almost orange color, and the leather has also been dyed that color. I think if the leather were dyed darker it would be a very good match.

post-160252-0-46635700-1517526520_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the photos of the Bombing Tables! Would you also be able to post a few photos of the triangles and the parallel rule?

– Dan