YES! A WW1 US Army Victoria Cross Recipient's Group on eBay!

Dave

Looks like an American Emblems contract medal from 1933. It's not a BBB contract medal. ....

Kurt

You re 100 % correct. AE it is. The green leaves in Washingtons coat of arms gives it away.

Kurt,

Thank you for clarifying. I was confused about the discussion regarding the medals.

However, is there are way to prove this was 100% done by the veteran or is this just how it appears?

...Kat

Kat-

Given that the Purple Heart, the Victoria Cross, and the Military Merit medal are all "jeweler" engraved to the same guy, and the dog tags match, not to mention the same wear/age to the medals, makes me assume that they were done by someone previous to the seller who was attempting to be something he wasn't.

Dave

Kat-

Given that the Purple Heart, the Victoria Cross, and the Military Merit medal are all "jeweler" engraved to the same guy, and the dog tags match, not to mention the same wear/age to the medals, makes me assume that they were done by someone previous to the seller who was attempting to be something he wasn't.

Dave

Correct. It was someone previous to the current seller but we don't know exactly WHO it was. It could have been the veteran or it could have been someone else entirely.

...Kat

I don't have one of the old Studley catalogs. It would be interesting if he had these listed for sale.

Here is what they look like:

stud.JPG

Kurt

Kat-

Dave

Exactly.

W

I was told by George Pradarits that George Studley's father-in-law worked at the Philadelphia Mint in charge of engraving and replacement medals.

Dick