Jump wings & parachute patch

Here is a nice photo of a WW2 era soldier who was a parachutist. The patch above his breast pocket seems to be the U.S. Army Basic Parachutist badge on a cloth oval (jump wings), and he has a Parachutist’s patch on his garrison cap. The brass on his lapel is crossed rifles, so he was infantry. Am I right so far? Does the gold piping on his garrison cap tell us anything? This is not my area of knowledge so any comments would be appreciated.

The picture is an 8x10" studio print of the era and probably hand colored, so the colors may not be totally accurate. Unfortunately there is no name or studio marked on the reverse of the print.

Paul

post-2319-1219934472.jpg

I would agree. Few color portrait photos were done then. Usually were taken as b/w and then hand tinted. The photog got the colors off -- I know on no wing background in that ers with white border and maroon center as is shown.

G

pathfinder505
I would agree. Few color portrait photos were done then. Usually were taken as b/w and then hand tinted. The photog got the colors off -- I know on no wing background in that ers with white border and maroon center as is shown.

G

This may have been 508th (white with a black center). However, I agree the photographer got the color wrong on the cap it was blue.