75th anniversary of 2nd Marine Division

Corporal Kang 0311

Corporal Kang 0311

Just a little reminder of the 75th anniversary of 2nd Marine Division February 1, 1941.

To all the marines and sailors who served in 2nd marine Division...Semper Fi.

I was at the parade and it was something to see.....thanks to all that served.

Thank you for posting this! My grandad was in the 2nd marine div. And he was on Tarawa and saipan as part of a watercooled 30.cal team.

Corporal Kang 0311

Thank you for posting this! My grandad was in the 2nd marine div. And he was on Tarawa and saipan as part of a watercooled 30.cal team.

Amazing...heroes in our presence. Did your grandfather ever talk about it or like many marines just went on with his life? Great Marines like your grandfather made the 2nd Marine division what it is today.

It was great to see 5000 marines today, ww2 and today. Also met a Korea war veteran, he didn't have nobody with him, so we walked with him and stayed with him during the parade. God bless our military.

Semper Fi

Sorry for the late response. Yes he did talk a little about it, but just enough for me to know that he went through a lot. Every time he talked about it he would have nightmares. So I did not want him to go through those horror's again. But thank's for asking!