SOS 2016 - What is your expectation? Who is Going?

Move fast and clear those murder holes!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours and 9 minutes later we have arrived in Louisville. Sgtdorango and I made it with no incidents and only a few hundred helmet stories...

See you all later this afternoon.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

If you are looking for patches I will have 6 tables filled with 24 cases of patches. Selling my collection of 60+ years. Will have Marine WW2 squadron patch as well as Army Air Force squadrons WW2. Large amount of WW1 patches. Featuring WW2 airborne patches many theater made available. Nurnberg and Japanese War Crimes patches. Armor patches including Daredevil and Remagen tabs. Rare TD patches including TD Instructor patch. OSS spearhead patch a real one, Jedburg wing,Bazooka badge,SAARF wing and tab and 3rd Contigent OG tab,Free Thai, ACC Bulgaria to mention some. Very rare but unknown unit the "Writing 69th" which was a small group of war correspondants which included Walter Kronkite and Andy Rooney. If you are looking for rare and better patches please check out my tables.

Will you have any 60's era Naval Aviation patches? I am looking for three squadron patches and I am trying to decide if I should take a day off work and drive for 5 hours to get to the show.

Here are some of my expectations-

Cookieman will find a solid gold shooting badge for $10.

Sal will sell his German medal collection and promptly find three Sammys and a Dewey to spend his money on.

I will walk up to Tarbridge's table and spend a big wad of cash with him.

Sarge will find the rare sword knot for his 1856 model French policeman's sword

John Conway will regale us with another recitation of "the Legend of Ol' Yeller Pants."

Bob will spill syrup on his shorts while we are having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Garth Thompson will be his normal, cheerful self.

Chow Hound will have found some rare medal to a marine.

Baker502 will find pair pair of GVM's undershorts

TBMFlyer and I will discuss his Fortress of Serenity and his misaligned Chi.

Tredhed2 will show me his latest theater made patch with heretofore unknown theater made tab

Vzemke will find 36 new theater made ordnance unit patches. He will also spend the entire show arguing with Major Z about who has date of rank and which is the correct spelling of "Zemke."

KASTAUFFER will find a numbered DFC on someone's table for $25 and will later be able to ID it as a Tokyo Raider.

Mort will sell a huge amount of patches, but you won't be able to tell because he has so many more great patches under the table.

Bob Carter will find a new pair of tinted sunglasses for his cat

Dave will sell out all of the copies he brought of "Blue Seas-Red Stars" on the first day.

I'm sure there will be more astonishing occurrences.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Sal will sell his German medal collection and promptly find three Sammys and a Dewey to spend his money on.

John Conway will regale us with another recitation of "the Legend of Ol' Yeller Pants."

Bob will spill syrup on his shorts while we are having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Tredhed2 will show me his latest theater made patch with heretofore unknown theater made tab

Vzemke will find 36 new theater made ordnance unit patches. He will also spend the entire show arguing with Major Z about who has date of rank and which is the correct spelling of "Zemke."

KASTAUFFER will find a numbered DFC on someone's table for $25 and will later be able to ID it as a Tokyo Raider.

Mort will sell a huge amount of patches, but you won't be able to tell because he has so many more great patches under the table.

Dave will sell out all of the copies he brought of "Blue Seas-Red Stars" on the first day.

Allan

this has GOT to be the funniest thing on the forum

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

Good luck to all! Due to a miscalculation in family planning I'm surfing the net at home and holding a new daughter... Life is good?

Good for you and congrats dad! Life is good indeed

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

In all reality I am looking forward to my number 13 show. At a minimum I will be bringing:

WWII - VN USMC foot locker grouping

WWII USMC 2nd pattern para smock

WWII Army camo set (pants and shirt) with depot repairs

WWII helmets

A named China Marine medal grouping

WWII patches

See you all there.

Update:

Sgtdorango and I will be located at V40 - 42.

Setting up in a couple hours...

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Allan

Allan,

Can you clarify if the the "legend of Ol Yeller Pants" and Bob spilling syrup on his shorts are connected?

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'm at E 25 & 26

Ed Hicks

WARPATH Military Collectibles

819 Hope Mills Road

Fayetteville, North Carolina

(910) 425-7000

Always buying U.S. Airborne & Vietnam Special Forces artifacts and groupings, Painted and Rare U.S. Helmets; U.S. Valor Medal Groupings, Fine Swords...

Buying or trading for my collection: 1950s-1970s Vietnam era Rolex & Tudor Watches...

Contact me before you sell... [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>

My Web Sites: http://www.battlefieldmuseum.org

http://www.warpathmilitaria.com 

Posted Image

Robert,

I can neither confirm nor deny that Bob spilling syrup on his pants is in any way related to the legend..... :lol: I'll make Conway tell you the story for free. Everyone else pays to hear the tale.

A couple more expectations-

I expect to NOT get kicked out of White Castle with Kammo Man.

I expect to see James Parker (Topkick) pick up a ton of great patches for stupidly low prices.

I expect Wildcatt123 to call the Cookieman six or seven times and for Cookieman to refuse to talk to him because of the squalling baby in the background.

I expect Kadet to get ticked off by all the fat guys walking around wearing SEAL shirts.

I expect to tell every single Kentucky Wildcat fan and UNC Tarheel fan that I am from the birthplace of Kentucky and Carolina basketball- Lawrence, Kansas. Rock Chalk!

Allan

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

I'll be at: P-35,36... A few of the helmets I'll have there.

DSCN9373 RS.jpg

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

We are here!

Snow? That is not snow. If it doesn't get your knees wet it's not snow.

We are in row Q 68-71. Brought way more stuff than we can fit out, but I brought my "north woods camo helmet" so you can find us.

Look for the yellow armored guidon flying high!

Stop by and say hi!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Packed bags, remembered my notebook and pen, glasses, member badge, clothes and I'd card...forgot to get cash!!!!!!

Ugh now I have to drive 37 miles to a Navy Federal as soon as I land this morning, we'll that is if I land because now the plane was just taken out of service.

On the lookout for Pre-WWI Navy Uniforms

"It's not a mannequin, it's a display form torso!"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

This thread is the next best thing for those of us not there. Happy hunting to everyone and looking forward to seeing some pics.

Agreed, please post lots of pics for those of us who can't make it down. Stupid bills, work, hockey practices/games, and everything else important that gets in the way of this awesome show! Looking forward to living out this year through you lucky members there!

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

We need pics of all the goodies and booths.

Always looking for uniquely marked helmets, WWI and WWII American Field Service items, WWII and earlier USMC items and named or numbered medals and medal groups.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

post-8016-0-48641800-1578110344.jpeg