Austin_Militaria

SOS 2016 - What is your expectation? Who is Going?

I honestly hope I don't buy a thing. :D

I'll have a few Purple Hearts with me for sale, I might have a couple of uniforms (if I can fit them in!) and then some copies of my book, Blue Seas, Red Stars.

MOST IMPORTANTLY though...I'll be looking to photograph any posthumous Purple Hearts that I need for my next book. Not looking to buy...just take photos of them.

In case anyone sees any around, I'm looking for posthumous Purple Hearts in the following categories:

-Navy Korean War

-Navy WW1

-Navy Vietnam War

-Coast Guard from Korea and Vietnam

-ANY to general/flag officers from any time period

-ANY to females from any time period

-ANY Purple Hearts awarded after Vietnam or in the interwar period (e.g. USS Cole, Stark, Liberty, any terrorist acts, any from the Gulf War, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.)

Please keep an eye out for me if anything pops up at the show! More than happy to buy lunch/dinner as a finder's fee! :D

Oh, forgot to add...I am also looking for fake or questionable posthumous Purple Hearts to photograph!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Just an idea for the SOS, but to put Forum names with faces (and REAL Names for a change) there should be some sort of Forum ID directory, US Forum Table Card, Balloon Animals, something to link Forum folks here to each other there. Ed

Ed Hicks

WARPATH Military Collectibles

819 Hope Mills Road

Fayetteville, North Carolina

(910) 425-7000

Always buying U.S. Airborne & Vietnam Special Forces artifacts and groupings, Painted and Rare U.S. Helmets; U.S. Valor Medal Groupings, Fine Swords...

Buying or trading for my collection: 1950s-1970s Vietnam era Rolex & Tudor Watches...

Contact me before you sell... [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>

My Web Sites: http://www.battlefieldmuseum.org

http://www.warpathmilitaria.com 

Posted Image

Dave's gonna be there! Cool!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Any indicators of whether or not this year will be German-centric or US-centric? I'm hoping for the latter. Last year's show was really eye opening and I'm hoping to find cool Quartermaster goodies. Hopefully this year the universal response to that will not be, "why do you collect that?!"

There always seems to be a lot of Nazi stuff, but I think this show is big enough that its not focused on any one particular area. Also, some of my best finds have been on the table of dealers who looked to be "German-centric", and I don't collect German stuff. You just never know what will turn up.

I'll be combing the aisles looking for US Army patch "gems" from Thursday through Saturday afternoon. I will also have a few riker mounts of harder to find patches, insignia, and a few medal groups on a friends table.

Follow me on Facebook @zemkecollectables

Just an idea for the SOS, but to put Forum names with faces (and REAL Names for a change) there should be some sort of Forum ID directory, US Forum Table Card, Balloon Animals, something to link Forum folks here to each other there. Ed

Ed-We have USMF advertising postcards, if anyone wants any for their tables.

In the past there has been a USMF table in my block of tables, but won't be doing that this year.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks, I'll be happy to get a card for my table, then y'all can stop by and say hello. Ed

Ed Hicks

WARPATH Military Collectibles

819 Hope Mills Road

Fayetteville, North Carolina

(910) 425-7000

Always buying U.S. Airborne & Vietnam Special Forces artifacts and groupings, Painted and Rare U.S. Helmets; U.S. Valor Medal Groupings, Fine Swords...

Buying or trading for my collection: 1950s-1970s Vietnam era Rolex & Tudor Watches...

Contact me before you sell... [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>

My Web Sites: http://www.battlefieldmuseum.org

http://www.warpathmilitaria.com 

Posted Image

There always seems to be a lot of Nazi stuff, but I think this show is big enough that its not focused on any one particular area. Also, some of my best finds have been on the table of dealers who looked to be "German-centric", and I don't collect German stuff. You just never know what will turn up.

I'll be combing the aisles looking for US Army patch "gems" from Thursday through Saturday afternoon. I will also have a few riker mounts of harder to find patches, insignia, and a few medal groups on a friends table.

Vance, am still interest in 1 Commando if you have tired of it yet.

Jack

donation2017.gif

This will be my first year. About 10 years ago I went to the Chicago Toy Soldier Show. A lot of the guys there would open up their rooms at the host hotel and sell items out of them. Is this done in Louisville? I found some great pieces that way. Looking for WWI Division marked helmets and uniforms

My 3rd time going. I'll be going with a couple of my friends. I'll be looking for Pre WW2/WW2 USMC items. If anyone has any Iceland marine items or Pre WW2/WW2 Leatherneck magazines that their bringing to sell let me know.

Always looking for WW2 USMC militaria and WW2 Corpsman militaria. If you have any you don't want or want to sell let me know, I might be interested.

donation2016.gif

Any indicators of whether or not this year will be German-centric or US-centric?

By decree, the 2016 SOS will be 38% Third Reich, 12% Imperial German, 29% U.S. (all eras), 4% ww2 Japanese, 12% other nations, 4% reference materials, and 1% miscellaneous BS. This is official policy, and will be strictly enforced. Plan your tables accordingly. Failure to comply will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, contingent on mitigating considerations, specifically the degree of balance achieved when your island or row is considered as a whole.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I kinda lost count but I think this is my 19th year in a row.

I guess you could say that I really like the OVMS and the SOS!

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

By decree, the 2016 SOS will be 38% Third Reich, 12% Imperial German, 29% U.S. (all eras), 4% ww2 Japanese, 12% other nations, 4% reference materials, and 1% miscellaneous BS. This is official policy, and will be strictly enforced. Plan your tables accordingly. Failure to comply will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, contingent on mitigating considerations, specifically the degree of balance achieved when your island or row is considered as a whole.

Now that is funny, you have a highly developed sense of humor.

donation2017.gif

I don't have much Third Reich material, but I am full of BS. Would it be possible to adjust the percentages for the 2017 show? I would like to unload some of my BS next year!

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

I expect to be tired, broke, and smell like a musty canvas tent by Sunday morning. In order to make sgtdorango's trip enjoyable I am not showering or using deodorant from Tuesday night's departure until we arrive home Sunday 0700. Just a little payback for the "I can't believe I missed out on that 11th AB helmet" stories!!!!

In all reality I am looking forward to my number 13 show. At a minimum I will be bringing:

WWII - VN USMC foot locker grouping

WWII USMC 2nd pattern para smock

WWII Army camo set (pants and shirt) with depot repairs

WWII helmets

A named China Marine medal grouping

WWII patches

See you all there.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

The patches worn by the "percentage police" are Ultra Rare!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I don't have much Third Reich material, but I am full of BS. Would it be possible to adjust the percentages for the 2017 show? I would like to unload some of my BS next year!

I think Jeff may have had his numbers wrong Erick, there is much more than 2% BS and it is at nearly every table. so, I don't think you'll be bringing anything to the show that others are not already familiar with on a personal basis. :)

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

...In order to make sgtdorango's trip enjoyable I am not showering or using deodorant from Tuesday night's departure until we arrive home Sunday 0700.

I am not going to come to your table unless you smell good.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

usmfcapnametag.jpg

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

I expect to be tired, broke, and smell like a musty canvas tent by Sunday morning. In order to make sgtdorango's trip enjoyable I am not showering or using deodorant from Tuesday night's departure until we arrive home Sunday 0700. Just a little payback for the "I can't believe I missed out on that 11th AB helmet" stories!!!!

In all reality I am looking forward to my number 13 show. At a minimum I will be bringing:

WWII - VN USMC foot locker grouping

WWII USMC 2nd pattern para smock

WWII Army camo set (pants and shirt) with depot repairs

WWII helmets

A named China Marine medal grouping

WWII patches

See you all there.

I thought "Musty Canvas Tent" was a fragrance offered by Calvin Klein.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

I thought "Musty Canvas Tent" was a fragrance offered by Calvin Klein.

It is in the bottle right next to the Aqua Velva... Drives field gear collectors wild!

Upon further review, I will be showering... :D

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

I have 3 tables and will try to fill them with militaria. ..medals...wings...groups..a little of all.

Here is a sample...not to include Riker mounts and boxes of stuff...

rps20160205_101048.jpgrps20160205_101123.jpgrps20160205_101145.jpgrps20160205_111453.jpgrps20160205_101217.jpg

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

What time is lunch Robert, I'll be by to look over your patches, I always end up buying a coupe from you. We will post USMF signs with our names on our tables again this year.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

You will find a great many members, like myself, wearing the badge that Bob H. posted above. While having this on has helped a few times in the past to help ID other members, I find that most are so mesmerized by all the militaria that focusing on a name tag rates low on the list.