Austin_Militaria

SOS 2016 - What is your expectation? Who is Going?

What is your opinion on how the show will go this year?

Any one know of any large collections being sold off at the show?

Some Highlights that I am taking to the Show.

Named Vietnam and WWII KIA PH's.

Named Silver Star to a soldier in the 811th TD Bn.

Collection of over 100 WWI Canadian CEF badges.

WWI USN Spalding football style Flight Helmet.

Austin_Militaria

donation2012.gif

My goal is to buy all your cool vintage......

Plus I will be bringing the other half of the collection I premiered at the ASMIC convention.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

My goal is to be swimming in 11AB and 187th tac marked helmets :) ......mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Is this the thread that will be used the way last year's was, to post on-the-ground goodies for us all to see? Or will a new thread be made for those purposes?

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

This will be my first show. Can't wait! I plan on spending as much money as I can! Hopefully I will find some tough to get WWII US Uniforms or groups.

Will be bringing a few things I have stashed away and havnt shared much. Including a brother uniform group, one of whom was 101st with some spectacular patch work!

Already took Kammo Mans advice in another thread and invested in some nice hiking shoes for the week. Breaking them in as we speak!

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

I will be there from Wed to Saturday. Looking for cool medals and Naval Aviation and POW groups.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

This will be my first show. Can't wait! I plan on spending as much money as I can! Hopefully I will find some tough to get WWII US Uniforms or groups.

Will be bringing a few things I have stashed away and havnt shared much. Including a brother uniform group, one of whom was 101st with some spectacular patch work!

Already took Kammo Mans advice in another thread and invested in some nice hiking shoes for the week. Breaking them in as we speak!

Its the only way to roll .

Salomons .

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

It'll be my second. No idea what I am looking for. Battle of the Bulge, Taffy 3, Armored, ETO or PTO Infantry Division, maybe Subs, who knows... Wouldn't mind something Airborne, to be honest.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Anyone still waiting for the table permission like me now? I may going to sell some Indochina and Nam stuff there, TS garments, period Foreign Legion stuff, etc etc, if I finally can get a table... and will look for any Nam era camo pieces as always!

Wild & Wonderful!

Should be a fun show! I will have a two tables, sharing with another collector.

Interesting items I will have for sale:

WWII KIA Normandy 101st ABN Purple Heart/Document Group

Large WWII 20th AAF Navigator's Medals, Insignia, Paperwork, Nose Art Photo Group

WWI 33rd ID Double Purple Heart Recipient's Group

WWII 29th ID D-Day Vet/POW Letter Group

Vietnam era General Officers Uniform Groups

Custom Embroidered Ribbon Bars

And LOTS more from the $1 box on up!

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

I will be looking for unit and homefront Flags, and my Wisconsin vocational school fighting knives, and whatever else speaks to me!

My wife wants to move so I will be bringing out some cool US helmets and some of my better german pieces, and maybe a few "bell ringer" items "just in case" to help raise some funds.

We have 4 tables in Row Q 68-71 stop by and say "Hi"!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Always a great show and I'll have a few decent pieces to sell this time...Have to raise bail money again.

WWII General Officer medals and uniform groupings

USMC General Officer photo album collections

Vietnam War Trophy AK-47 Cutaway Rifle

Rev War Potter cavalry sword

1st SSF Case V42 Stilettoes

Benito Mussolini's personal ID book and documents

M1C Airborne helmets

Confederate swords & firearms

Japanese swords & Armor, Matchlock guns

AAF Pilot groups

& more

I Think my two tables may not be enough! Ed

Ed Hicks

WARPATH Military Collectibles

819 Hope Mills Road

Fayetteville, North Carolina

(910) 425-7000

Always buying U.S. Airborne & Vietnam Special Forces artifacts and groupings, Painted and Rare U.S. Helmets; U.S. Valor Medal Groupings, Fine Swords...

Buying or trading for my collection: 1950s-1970s Vietnam era Rolex & Tudor Watches...

Contact me before you sell... [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>

My Web Sites: http://www.battlefieldmuseum.org

http://www.warpathmilitaria.com 

Posted Image

As always will be looking for variation SSI all periods and trying to add to the Liberty Loan collection, and know that Dan is bringing some.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Bringing a WW2 Pilot group. Possibly my Corregidor Nurse POW group. And my normal bobbles and beads.

donation2017.gif

Bringing a WW2 Pilot group. Possibly my Corregidor Nurse POW group. And my normal bobbles and beads.

Is it the Corregidor POW group you had with all the letters in it?

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

Looking forward to my first SOS. At this point I am guessing I won't hear anything back about a waiting list table, but hopefully one will be available on setup day. If I do end up with a table I should have some good VN pieces.

donation2015.gifdonation2018.gif

This will be my 20th SOS. I always find something... or more often several somethings to bring home.

I have tables in the very middle of the room having fought my way to a good strategic spot over the years. Frankly, I don't have much to sell this year so I am in a buying mode. My expectations are high and I have a want list to carry around with me.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Any indicators of whether or not this year will be German-centric or US-centric? I'm hoping for the latter. Last year's show was really eye opening and I'm hoping to find cool Quartermaster goodies. Hopefully this year the universal response to that will not be, "why do you collect that?!"

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

I was lucky enough to get two tables from standby....

I'll be selling:

-WW2 Japanese Spoils of War (Bloody flags, paybooks, Photos, ranks etc)

-WW2 USMC items, frogskin helmets

-A ton of USMC photos early 1900s-WW2, cabinet photos, portraits, albums...

-MANY WW2 USMC patches... several scarce variants

-WW2 USMC Flag/Colors in Silk (Globe with lat and long)

-WW1 USMC Medal groups

-Named 1913 USMC Officers special evening dress

-Two named USMC General Officer uniforms including Navy Cross recipient and early Aviation pioneer.

-Several 1920s USMC officer caps and a few WW2 Field Grade including General Officer

-1920s USMC Officer tan/khaki four pocket with EGAs and Paymaster devices on collar. Nice one.

I'm hoping to buy/trade for:

-WW1 USMC

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Hope to put a face to the avatars!

Best

Duke

I will be looking for WW2 KIA medals and USO Camp Show items.

Keith

WANTED

USO-Camp Shows, Stage Door Canteen, American Theatre Wing and Hollywood Canteen items.

Uniforms, Insignia, Paper Items, Photos

Hi

My flights are booked... I cannot wait, it is always the highlight of my collecting year..

I will be on the hunt for D-Day groupings and cool M-1 helmets.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Is it the Corregidor POW group you had with all the letters in it?

Kurt

Kurt, yes it is.

donation2017.gif

We'll be there with at least 15-20 WWII women's uniforms...WAAC, WAC, USMCWR, ARC, Flight Nurse(rare skirt and sweater), shoes, hats, riker box groupings, WAVES.

Stockings, undies, etc.

Wife says we have to thin out our collection.

Also, my WWII Chaplain's helmet. :(

Setting up Wed.

Kurt, my friend has a Corregidor POW Nurse grouping. He sets up next to me so I'll tell him about it.