WWII homing pigeon blank form?

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

I am looking for a picture/ scan of a WWII carrier pigeon map overlay form or message form. I am working on a display and would like to include a copy of one. If anyone has one or knows where I could find a copy of one I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't exactly a blank form, or even WWII but may be of interest anyway. I came across this over the weekend in the grouping of a WWI lieutenant from the 119th IR. Since the grouping included several maps and a map case full of aerial recon photos I'm thinking that he may have been in the battalion S2 section. I had no idea with the capsule was when I first started looking through the grouping and ignored it until I noticed the stub of paper sticking out the top and then it clicked that it may be a pigeon capsule. I carefully retrieved and unfolded the note. My heart skipped a beat when i saw the letters "TICE" imagining the note being the Armistice notification. It turns out that it was just a practice note sent from the LT during an intelligence class in France in 1918. The note is not in the greatest shape but I've got it in a small frame now to preserve it. Nonetheless I still think it is an awesome find and amazed that it had remained hidden in the tiny tube for nearly a century.

post-11652-0-15334500-1456811189.jpg