Infantry Guidon and Unknown Flag

hink441

Just acquired these today. A light blue flag with one star with a "Combat Infantry" banner. The banner is hand painted and appears to be on silk. It is very fragile and is torn in areas. The Blue Star flag is a mystery to me. The guidon is complete and is made of wool. There are no tags on either flag or guidon. The Guidon pole has a tape that reads " 21. 26 STARS "

Any thoughts on these?? Thanks for looking.

Chris

post-10825-0-80321700-1454208159.jpeg

usually the combat infantry streamer was used on the guidon once a certain number of its members were awarded the CIB.

The star flag looks like a generals star flag, but I have not seen light blue before. There maybe a QM tag in the sleeve. The guidon is not an official QM made one, but you do see that often.

Hmmmm, a flag mystery - I love it!

I agree, the Infantry guidon appears non-regulation. The large blue flag was removed from the pole and I was unable to locate any tags inside.

The lady I bought these from said they came from a local estate sale. I need to ask her for more info. I can't believe I did not ask her!! These were purchased in Chesapeake Va.

Chris

The 1st Batt, 2nd Inf saw combat in WW2 and Vietnam.

I would think this banner and guidon is from the Vietnam era. Still unsure of the blue flag with the star.

Chris

FF it does resemble the USAF General's flag. This one is just a lighter shade of blue than the USAF flag. Here is a good shot of the USAF flag.

post-10825-0-28550800-1454254305.jpeg

FF it does resemble the USAF General's flag. This one is just a lighter shade of blue than the USAF flag. Here is a good shot of the USAF flag.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sorry. I meant to say it may be an older version. I know the 80's and beyond have the dark blue background. Were the 50's / 60's the same? I can't find any reference on then older ones.