11th airborne bust

edgeer

the original bust was for a WW2 82nd Airborne bust made by a company out of S. Korea. I modified it to represent an 11th Airborne paratrooper as a present for my Dad on Christmas. The only major changes to the bust was that I left off the 1st package and modified the 82 patch to the 11th airborne. Enjoy.

(edited): paints used are the Model masters enamels, base is an old marble base for a small trophy, pedastal is wood stained with miniwax maple, and the ring is gold paint.

Ed

post-3699-1219788485.jpg

post-3699-1219788537.jpg

post-3699-1219788580.jpg

post-3699-1219788625.jpg

after uploading the previous images, i decided to edit the original images to provide a closer look at the 11th Airborne patch and the frontal view.

post-3699-1219789400.jpg

post-3699-1219789717.jpg

Wow look at that!!! Nice job dude!, I love that helmet! the detail is amazing!!!!!! great job! w00t.gif

Thanks, can't take all the credit, especially the helmet. the bust is a 3 piece resin set, size is approx 100mm. The helmet's netting and simulated strips of fabric is all part of the resin. The entire bust in my opinion is very detail for the size.

It is produced by Legend Productions, Seoul, Korea. 1/9 scale no. 9B02; US 82nd Airborne with base. Their URL is www.www-legend.co.kr below is an image of the actual kit as sold.

Ed

post-3699-1219821558.jpg

He was I personally think may have been on of his best gifts last year. I know he has it on the display as you walk into his house

Thanks everyone. i took a little extra effort and time with this one. Especially, since it was tribute to my Dad as well as a gift to him.

Ed

• 4 months later...

edgeer, awesome job. I take it your dad was in the 11th, when was he with the 11th? Also, how did you modify the 82nd patch? Did you just scrape it down with an exacto blade till you had the right shape?

FightenIrish35

Ive never stumbled upon this thread before,that is some awesome work youve done...wow thumbsup.gif I know I probally couldnt do detail like that pinch.gif

General Apathy

post-344-1232296452.jpgpost-344-1232296488.jpg

Hi Edgeer, Congratulations let me say how very impressed I am with the color of your example, I think you have got the jacket and webbing much more closer to the color of an M-42 jacket and M-36 suspenders. I also prefer your detailing and highlighting. Great effort and pleased to hear your father thinks a lot of it.

My one thought however concerns the size of the adusting buckle hanging down onto the chest, it appears in the photograph of the 82nd guy to be almost as large as the M-36 adjusting buckle next to it. Not having the model in front of me what's your take on the sizing

Please don't take this as any critisicism of your work though, well done, well interpreted.

Cheers ( Lewis )

edgeer, awesome job. I take it your dad was in the 11th, when was he with the 11th? Also, how did you modify the 82nd patch? Did you just scrape it down with an exacto blade till you had the right shape?

Yes, my Dad served with the 11th during the occupation of Japan (46-48). I modified the 82nd patch by using a drawing of the 11th Airborne patch and a dremel drill set with a grinder (rasp) on it.

post-344-1232296452.jpgpost-344-1232296488.jpg

Hi Edgeer, Congratulations let me say how very impressed I am with the color of your example, I think you have got the jacket and webbing much more closer to the color of an M-42 jacket and M-36 suspenders. I also prefer your detailing and highlighting. Great effort and pleased to hear your father thinks a lot of it.

My one thought however concerns the size of the adusting buckle hanging down onto the chest, it appears in the photograph of the 82nd guy to be almost as large as the M-36 adjusting buckle next to it. Not having the model in front of me what's your take on the sizing

Please don't take this as any critisicism of your work though, well done, well interpreted.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Thanks for the comments. I think the adjusting buckle size is more of an optical view of the photo.