Another One Selling Off Of Ebay

anton67

Below is the listing and a message from the seller.

It was up to $224.00

Ebay Captains ETO M1 Helmet with Leader Bar

Item Number 291663305533

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291663305533?euid=411afb2a886e4743a94957864f02e6fb&cp=1

Message from: hosey18642k4z (132iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

The helmet sold to another collector outside of the auction. Thanks for the interest.

Andrew

MODERATOR NOTE: THE SELLER CONTACTED THE OP TO INFORM HIM THAT HE HAS NOT, AND WILL NOT, BE ENDING THE AUCTION EARLY.

post-63438-0-61614200-1453683736.jpg

post-63438-0-76171400-1453683747.jpg

What is the point of this thread? We just had one, it got super heated and got shut down. What can this thread add to the forum other than more of the same?

It's fast becoming the norm and not the exception....once I start watching a nice helmet, I'm almost surprised if it gets to the end of the auction.

One I used to own, and hoped to get back, was up for sale on eBay until yesterday and then it was gone before the end of the auction....however it didn't have any bids yet so I guess I should've dropped a bid on it to see if that would've held it until the auctions end.

What is the point of this thread? We just had one, it got super heated and got shut down. What can this thread add to the forum other than more of the same?

Even though I've chimed in on this issue, I agree with you Ronny, not sure what the point of these new gripe posts are anymore, we all agree it sucks but it's going to keep on happening....

Even though I've chimed in on this issue, I agree with you Ronny, not sure what the point of these new gripe posts are anymore, we all agree it sucks but it's going to keep on happening....

No worries Rick

Agree with others. This has been beat to death

Feel free to repost the helmet for discussion on the helmet, instead of a personal crusade.

Thread is closed

The OP messaged me to inform me that the seller replied to him and actually HAS NOT, and WILL NOT BE ENDING THE AUCTION EARLY

Those parties interested in bidding may continue to do so

ADMIN NOTICE:

These types of threads attacking a seller on eBay have become habitual and will stop. We DO NOT know the whole story behind each of these cases and the only information we have comes from the person who initializes the thread.

This thread is a case in point. The information which been posted in the beginning is NOT the whole story. As a matter of fact, the seller appears to be the innocent party in this case and is a member here. The USMF is for discussion of militaria and not a place to slam selling practices on eBay. If it's a fake, then post it, if you are upset about their business model, don't post it. All future threads of this type will be shut down since they serve no purpose except to tear people apart without knowing the whole story.

Finally, we all hate it when a seller closes early to an outside deal, it's not fair but then, no one has ever stated that life is fair. We need to bite our lips and move on. Let the cheaters cheat, and the good guys can still look at the guy in the mirror and like what they see.