444 DAYS-IRANIAN HOSTAGE CRISES ENDS-35 YEARS AGO!

BEAST

I purchased this T-shirt in 1980 and still have it. Now a collector's item I guess.

Some things never change.

Wharf

post-525-0-01676700-1453436358.jpg

I purchased this T-shirt in 1980 and still have it. Now a collector's item I guess.

Some things never change.

Wharf

Great looking shirt! You're right, still applicable today.

Interesting read and yes funny t-shirt. Would he have been awarded the POW medal?

I also guess the Sargent who IDed the US personnel would not have been flavour of the month.

Interesting read and yes funny t-shirt. Would he have been awarded the POW medal?

I also guess the Sargent who IDed the US personnel would not have been flavour of the month.

Originally the hostages were not entitled to the POW medal, but the requirements were modified in 1989. Medal recipients were to include those held "by foreign armed forces that are hostile to the United States, under circumstances which the Secretary concerned finds to have been comparable to those under which persons have generally been held captive by enemy armed forces during periods of armed conflict." This comes from an article in the Air Force Times http://archive.airforcetimes.com/article/20111203/NEWS/112030301/Receipt-POW-Medals-delayed-32-years

I believe that the NCO became persona non grata. Not sure what has happened to him since.

When I lived in northern New Jersey and knew I was entering the Army I went over to the Hostages

ticker tape parade in NYC 30 JAN 81. I knew I most likely would not live in that part of the US again

and I most likely would not have this opportunity again. Now 34 yrs later I was right. Don't regret

heading over for the parade and it was colllddd standing on the street in NYC.

AZ Abn