Latest Issue of the ASMIC "Trading Post"

Allan H.

No, it's not a labor of love because SO many ASMIC members - and that counts individuals, as well as those who are museums and libraries - have read or will read your tremendously informative articles that they will feel grateful that you took the time to do so. You did not write this for yourself, you wrote it for US. And, in doing so, you accurately dispelled some myths that have been around, well, as long as I have....since the black and white days.

still waiting for the new issue..........seems like mine take forever to get to me. :)

Friend still hasnt recieved his previous issue.

Unless I am mistaken, if you are a current member of ASMIC I think you can go to the web site and view it on line.

I contacted my Area VP this morning and my copy just showed up in the mail a few minutes ago. AMAZING SERVICE from my Area VP!!! :lol:

People need to remember that when you choose the bulk mail route that you are basically at the mercy of the US Postal Service as the mailings are moved at their convenience- when space is available on the trucks etc.

Patch collectors- there are some AWESOME articles with some great photos of patches in this issue. OCSFollowMe's article on patch cereal premiums was very interesting and had lots of great images.

Be patient if you haven't gotten your copy yet. It literally is "in the mail."

Allan

Im a collector from Norway and I always look forward to finding the Trading Post in the mailbox. The shipping is high but it is worth it and I like the paper edition.

Unfortunately, the online version is not working very well for me. It's not because I'm an old so-and-so who doesn't understand or use computers (I'm a computer network engineer) but out of site, out of mind, you know. As a result, I'll be signing up for the paper version this year.

W

I contacted my Area VP this morning and my copy just showed up in the mail a few minutes ago. AMAZING SERVICE from my Area VP!!! :lol:

People need to remember that when you choose the bulk mail route that you are basically at the mercy of the US Postal Service as the mailings are moved at their convenience- when space is available on the trucks etc.

Patch collectors- there are some AWESOME articles with some great photos of patches in this issue. OCSFollowMe's article on patch cereal premiums was very interesting and had lots of great images.

Be patient if you haven't gotten your copy yet. It literally is "in the mail."

Allan

OCSFollowMe did NOT write the article on Cereal Premium patches, that was by Frank Robertson.

Rakkasan187

My copy arrive in the mail yesterday here in West Texas..

Another great issue.. Thank you for all who make it possible..

Leigh

My copy arrive in the mail yesterday here in West Texas..

Another great issue.. Thank you for all who make it possible..

Leigh

I'm in West Texas too (but not as far west as you are), and as of today, my April-June issue has not arrived yet. I did get a batch of patches today from a buddy in Northern California that was mailed Monday! Snail mail... what can ya say?

My apologies to Frank. It was a great article on patch premiums coming out of cereal boxes. Dave- thanks for the correction. Next time, I'll look at the TP while I am attributing an author.

Allan

This is how mine arrived today and the past two times I've gotten it : same thing: I complained to the PO but they blame the shipper- I have addressed this with the area person who sent me to the secretary who gets an attitude with me when I complained last time: I don't mind the bulk mail wait but this TICKS me off to no end. I have a PO Box and NONE of my other packages ever arrives like this: The PO person told me the machine must be chewing up the envelopes.

post-30395-0-77899800-1460158649.jpg

post-30395-0-50938200-1460158658.jpg

Patch History

This is how mine arrived today and the past two times I've gotten it : same thing: I complained to the PO but they blame the shipper- I have addressed this with the area person who sent me to the secretary who gets an attitude with me when I complained last time: I don't mind the bulk mail wait but this TICKS me off to no end. I have a PO Box and NONE of my other packages ever arrives like this: The PO person told me the machine must be chewing up the envelopes.

What does the magazine inside the envelope look like? Is it damaged?

I think some packing tape could be used on top of the adhesive....problem solved.

I totally agree- I never have problems when I ship bc that's exactly what I do on the ends of envelopes or send in a catalog mailer. I don't want just the digital version- While I find that useful, I don't prefer to read like that-

firefighter

Not to start a thing. But I had a problem with said person and his attitude.I have been with ASMIC since 1980 and is one of the best organizations around.You have the top level from all over the country and everything runs pretty smooth.

Part of the problem is that that the weight of the paper used for bulk rate envelopes, the cheapest rate, has changed. The paper is lighter now that it was. Postal regulations allow for it. The result is that the paper tears more easily now. So, unless an individual or group of individuals can get the USPS to change its rules re: heavier weight paper envelopes, or you pay for 1st class or priority, it's gonna happen.

Part of the problem is that that the weight of the paper used for bulk rate envelopes, the cheapest rate, has changed. The paper is lighter now that it was. Postal regulations allow for it. The result is that the paper tears more easily now. So, unless an individual or group of individuals can get the USPS to change its rules re: heavier weight paper envelopes, or you pay for 1st class or priority, it's gonna happen.

Thank you for the explanation: did not realize that the paper had changed.