PHM3c Iwo Jima uniform SS PHx2 Jumper & Greens

TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter

Finally got the record and got this uniform displayed. PHM3 received a Purple Heart on Saipan, a Purple Heart on Iwo Jima, a Bronze star w. "V" on Iwo Jima which was later upgraded to a Silver Star. His record from Golden Arrow was 59 pages which is displayed with the uniforms. I will post a few items from his record. Enjoy, Bill

post-123772-0-44388900-1453246924.jpg

TreasureHunter

Have to ask, what size is that blouse lol? Looks very small...

He was 5' 2" tall & 143 pounds at entry to the Marine Corps, from reading his record he was a tough, proud Marine. Note the sentence of the letter that says he was wounded on Saipan and Iwo and refused evacuation both times & remained on duty for both operations. Also was recommended for the Navy Marine Corps Medal which was downgraded to a Bronze Star, which was later upgraded to a Silver Star (not in his record). Thanks to everyone who helped me decide to buy this great group.

Bill

ViewfinderGyrene

He was 5' 2" tall & 143 pounds at entry to the Marine Corps, from reading his record he was a tough, proud Marine. Note the sentence of the letter that says he was wounded on Saipan and Iwo and refused evacuation both times & remained on duty for both operations. Also was recommended for the Navy Marine Corps Medal which was downgraded to a Bronze Star, which was later upgraded to a Silver Star (not in his record). Thanks to everyone who helped me decide to buy this great group.

Bill

Wow, I can relate to that, I'm 5' 3" exaggerating lol. Amazing!