PASGT factory test helmet?

phantomfixer

This came in the other day...not sure of it's origins but am thinking it is a test helmet or reject..never painted, has date and time inked inside...with a Team Wendy suspension harness....

Any idea of it intended use or more important any value?

Note edges of helmet are scrapped..

post-155518-0-89886200-1453066269.jpg

post-155518-0-79382100-1453066356.jpg

Looking at the edges...maybe not scraped...just not finished yet?... no trim around helmet...

No thoughts on intended use??

I would think it's an ACH because it lacks the side chinstrap rivets of the PASGT. That being said, does it have any of the markings normally found in an ACH? If it doesn't have the usual markings, or the usual label, it may very well be a test helmet. Or an unfinished one. There are some test PASGT helmets floating around that look unfinished, but they are devoid of any crown markings inherent in the production models.

• 2 weeks later...

good call on the brim......did not even notice....maybe a test of the pads on a PASGT helmet?? some of the pads are glued in place and some velcroed...

tried to flip it on ebay with no interest....not even for the 29.99 opening bid....guess not that cool....but thought neat since no paint or trim....

thanks for the help guys

Why is the military going to smaller helmets? You would think that they would want to protect as much of the head as possible.

probably an older usmc LWH

My thoughts as well. The PASGT has a 2-point chin-strap. Seeing as this one has a 4-point harness, I would guess that it's a LWH.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Why is the military going to smaller helmets? You would think that they would want to protect as much of the head as possible.

It's to make it easier to see and hear, increased awareness