More Iola stuff

doyler

I found these three pieces from one dealer at Iola.All were done in Italy and the bases are german 88 casings.One is from the 85th division and the other from the 34th.Both are from artillery units and have the italian campaign areas etched around the base.The 85th has a german 20mm round in the center the 34th is missing the 20mm.The small one on marble is a 20mm round welded to a piece of shrapnel.

Thanks for looking/

RON

post-342-1219629232.jpg

Well, it's obvious to me that you got your stuff on Friday, because this type of item was not around Saturday when I go there. ;) Some really nice items Ron... all of them on the other posts also.

Well, it's obvious to me that you got your stuff on Friday, because this type of item was not around Saturday when I go there. ;) Some really nice items Ron... all of them on the other posts also.

Thanks for the comments Scott.Just a matter of luck.Im surprised they were not bought earlier.I actually saw the items on thursday afternoon after 5 pm when I arrived.They were not cheap and had to pay full tilt as the show wasnt open to the public and most of the guys were scroungeing pretty hard.There were still bargins to be had.I know of a 1943 plastic canteen and cover that was bought for $3.Sad thing is I was watching the guy untarp his jeep trailer and didnt see it and it was on saturday morning around 10am.I walked off to look over something else and missed it.I was happy to find 4-5 sets of leggings on saturday afternoon and 4 pair were all mint USMC marked and dated.Some had the label and cutters tag as well.Got them for $5 a pair.One set was pretty early either 40-41 date or 39-40.Will check.The wooden shell I posted I bought sunday morning around 10am.I couldnt believe it sat there all weekend.It was just east of the restrooms and the guy had a lot of camo pack covers he was selling for a $1.Wish I had got some of those!!

Take care,

RON