WWII Navy U.S.S. Indianapolis Master At Arms Chief Badge- Is It Real? 3

aviatorpc

We purchased this for Indianapolis and Indiana. We need to know if this is from the flag ship U.S.S. Indianapolis and if it is real.

There is an interest by the main museum which has a display area dedicated to the Indianapolis and it's crew who perished in 1945

after dropping off some of the Atomic Bomb parts but through blessings some survived.

We have listed this quest twice before because we could not get both photos in. Please help if you can. Confirm or not if this is a real

U.S.S. Indianapolis Master At Arms Chief Badge.

Thank you in God's speed.

P.C.

post-158091-0-05584300-1452738999.jpg

post-158091-0-16861700-1452739214.jpg

My vote is post war for the submarine. I could be wrong, but I do not recall seeing a Master at Arms badge during the WWII period. I know it was made a separate rate again in 1973 or so, and know a couple of former masters at arms from the modern era. The way the shield is plated looks modern as well, and one from the Indy, presuming a man transferred from it before the stinking, would be tarnished today.

Garandomatic,

Thank you kindly and God bless you! We forgot about the submarine, as I came upon it in the past. We are still researching it but if it, and it appears to new to be from WWII, is not WWII era then at least we know it is more than likely real, Amen. And, with that note, we are pleased to have part of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana in the Navy along with all the men, women and their families. If there is any evidence to the contrary, please help out to.

Once again Garandomatic, Thank You!

Blessings,

Perry C.