When did the "ruptured Duck" make its last flight?

Is there any firm dates or a general consensus on when the honorable discharge emblem ceased to be applied to uniforms?

I would imagine as the military started to demobilized in mid '45 through '46 they would have ceased around the end of '46 as most wartime guys were home or stateside by then as we now began to enter the occupation era

Here's what The Institute of Heraldry says about it:

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Catalog/HeraldryMulti.aspx?CategoryId=14&grp=2&menu=Uniformed Services&hilite=ruptured duck

I believe that if you request replacement medals for a WWII vet, they will also send you a "ruptured duck" lapel button.

Hope this helps.

Steve

I recently purchased an Ike jacket which has an occupation ribbon and double sets of collar brass with cleats (so that dates it to 1947 at the earliest, maybe 1948). I've handled enough jackets that this one seems like it was untouched since his discharge. While there's no ruptured duck on his jacket, there is one sewn onto one of the shirts that came with it.

I always thought the end date of RD wear was late 1946, but finding that shirt made me question the absolute nature of that rule.