Need help identifying uniform circa 1895~1900

Is this gentleman part of California State Military Reserve? 1st California Infantry Regiment? Cadet? Veteran Association? Some kind of fraternal Order?

The collar insignias and cap badge states "1 CAL", the sword looks cadet, fraternal or medical, but the photo is not detailed enough to see.

Thanks in advance!

The sword does look like the Knights of pythias swords, but a ton of sabers look the same but here's some for reference

post-125364-0-52633000-1452500771.jpgpost-125364-0-37459000-1452500781.jpg

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

It is a fraternal sword so I would think it is a picture of a member of a fraternal organization. Would need a better picture of the sword to tell which one.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif