Need help not sure what all I got

Big Bill

Picked this up at a garage sales not sure what some of the stuff is or if it's all correct and if it's worth anything

Thanks

The ribbon bar suggest the guy saw occupation duty and got into the Korean War.....The collar disks are domed and too are post WW2....The unit citation may be WW2....Bodes

post-157900-0-16133200-1452447890.jpeg

You did well.

Your Tropic Lightning patches appear to be hand embroidered bullion ?

Combat Artillery Badge is perhaps made from an CIB in theater and most likely Japan where he served in the occupation.

Can you post a picture of the back of it?

All your insignia is KW era.

#1 Top is Combat Arty Badge - UA but made and worn; the DIs are 52nd FA Bn and 196th Inf Regt

#2 S/Sgt (Cbt) AA Cmd two upside down 24th ID patches

#4 collar brass 4 PUC ribbon, UN ribbons Occupation ribbon

The stripes are M1948 stripes, worn from about 1948 to 1951. They came in two versions: gold on blue for noncombatants and blue on gold for combatants.

-Ski

Picked this up at a garage sales not sure what some of the stuff is or if it's all correct and if it's worth anything

Thanks

I would think the 24th ID patches are a 40-50.00 dollar item.

The Artillery Combat Badge is unusual and should have value but I have never found one or seen one.

The balance of the group might be worth 30.00 or so depending on the fastening systems on the DIs.

Your Tropic Lightning patches appear to be hand embroidered bullion ?

"Tropic Lightning" is the nickname for the 25th Infantry Division, not the 24th. Those are SSI for the 24th Infantry Division.

Japan occupation currency.....Bodes

post-157900-0-19900000-1452447861.jpeg

No. These are US Military Payment Certificates. They were used for paying US military personnel overseas and were valid only on US installations.

The Combat Artillery Badge is wonderful.. These are not too common to find, especially the earlier versions with the infantry musket.

I would be comfortable paying in the $50.00 price range for the badge itself..

Leigh

• 3 weeks later...

The Combat Artillery badge is sweet. Could be Japanese made occupation/Korean War era.
The 52nd FA was part of the 24th Infantry Div in Korea. The doomed silver discs are 50s era.So that all makes sense. Sweet little grouping. I would keep it all together.