M1/M1A1 GHSS Portable Control Panel

big_mike

Found this thru craigslist at a local industrial scrap yard. It might very well be the strangest thing I've picked in years and just too cool to pass up. This is something I have never seen in person and have no idea what it's worth or if it's even legal to own. That being said I thought it was too cool not to share with like minded enthusiasts. Hope you all dig it as much as I do.

post-152888-0-52370500-1452135838.jpeg

post-152888-0-65443100-1452135851.jpeg

Neat! I love some of the obscure military tech like this. Here's some more info about this unit:

http://www.ssi-tek.com/ghhs.pdf

Now you need to find the rest of it. It's always a hoot seeing what the government originally gave for this stuff… I have some former government-owned 1970s Hewlett Packard 5248M Electronic Counters (used primarily for indicating signal frequencies, such as those used in radio signals), and the NSN info shows they were originally about $10,000 each. The entire 12345141 Set that you panel goes with was something like $30,000+ originally. Nuts.

I'm sure it's 100% legal to own as it was likely sold off by the government as surplus. I can't imagine there's very much in the way of security-sensitive technology in that unit, though it DOES fall under ITAR restrictions.

Thanks for the link and the information. Nice to know other ppl enjoy the weird stuff that I only seem to be drawn to.

Over the years I've collected a little bit of everything. But this is the first time I've had the opportunity to buy something like this. The few times I've seen military electronics of this nature I couldn't afford them.