Theater made T-Force

WorldWarPatches

For the young collectors out in Forum land this is not a real one.The real ones are French made out of a very soft silky type thread.They are so soft that the patch when laid on your finger can not support itself and droops on both sides of your finger.The T-Force patches came in fully embroidered; Bullion trimmed and; Full Bullion coverage.The full embroidered is the most common of the three and its worth 1500.00 by it self.Scotty PS I added what a real one looks like to the post.

img623.jpg

img624.jpg

Well, this should get interesting

Thanks for the heads up Scotty. I know nothing of these so It is interesting to see such a complex and convincing replica, and it will be equally as interesting to hear the feedback and reaction from the community.

Uberguido I kept track of everyone of these I ever owned over the years.The total number regular embroidered 'bullion trimmed' and full bullion totals 49 that I have handled.I know this is hard to believe but John Whitmam my traveling partner for 15 years can tell you how many I have handled.I have known John for 31 years and he has watched me buy sell and trade most of them.Its a rare piece of insignia to find but I have been lucky to enough to buy sell and trade one of my favorite WW2 insignia's many times over the years. There is not much I know in life but I do know T- Force insignia.Scotty

Oh I believe you Scotty! That's why we're glad you chime in on these things.

I'm was waiting on the inevitable disagreement that I was also positive would ensue.

Without knowing much about them of having the background you do I could see this repro as being very convincing to a lot of folks. I will guarantee if I saw this for sale in a shoe box I would have taken a stab at it, knowing what it's supposed to be but not knowing the technicalities.

• 1 month later...
Cobrahistorian

Hi guys,

Been fascinated by this patch ever since I first saw one on here. Now, the 6860th was assigned to 6th Army Group. Were there established insignia and SSIs for the T Forces assigned to the 12th and 21st Army Groups too? I'm currently planning an exhibit on FIAT and Operation Paperclip that will highlight captured German rocket and SAM technology as it fits into the US Air Defense story. It would be nice to include a piece on the T Forces too.

Thanks very much!

Jon

• 1 year later...
ocsfollowme

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6860-th-Headquarters-Detachment-german-made-patch-original-/302252253994?hash=item465fa3632a:g:LToAAOSw32lYx~gE

6860 th Headquarters Detachment

german made patch original 8,5 cm high 6,6 cm large

rarer than the rarest

larger than the French made one

( more common I already have found three in the past years)

Identical as the one worn on the two pictures known

the white triple cross stands more white

way different than any known copies

of course doesn't glow

It is a private listing so you cannot see who is bidding...never a fan of those.

Thoughts on this one?

post-122868-0-56800300-1490216610_thumb.jpg

It is a waste of hard eared money in my opinion.Why after all these years would a German made one larger than life turn up.Even if it could be proven to be real who would spend a T-Force price to own it.I myself think its a reproduction.Scotty

ocsfollowme

It is a waste of hard eared money in my opinion.Why after all these years would a German made one larger than life turn up.Even if it could be proven to be real who would spend a T-Force price to own it.I myself think its a reproduction.Scotty

As always, thanks for your generous words of wisdom, Scotty! Very much appreciated and I hope people will stop bidding.

Matthew1945

Is $1500 the average selling price for the patch or is that a fair price that most buyers should be expected to pay? Just curious, I hadn't heard of the T-Force before and I think I may have found a new collection focus, haha.

- Matt

BILL THE PATCH

I thought I've read a old thread that the T-Force patch were only French made?, Can someone find it.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

You are making this harder than it is. If it

1) is fully embroidered

2) doesn't look like the one Bill Scott posted in post #3, is incredibly soft and won't stand up

3) ignore the story, the violins, the hushed tones of reverence and walk away.

Garth Thompson

While I make no statement one way or the other on the T Force patch on ebay we may want to consider this fro Les Hughes website:

By 3 June 1945, the first three Phases of "T" Force’s Plan were completed. It is unclear from the record whether Phase 4 was undertaken. Neither do the records that I have located reflect when the 6860th ceased to exist. However, "T" Force operations continued after the war with an organization called FIAT [5].

FIAT stands for Field Information Agency Technical. I could post a long and pretty dry dissertation on this organization but in a nut shell it existed well into the occupation period. My conclusion would be it is not beyond unreasonable that a few former T Force people possibly had a few made after the war while with FIAT. Just because we haven't seen any doesn't mean they couldn't exist.

Just a thought

• 5 years later...

What do you think of mine ?

it come with a letter from the vet who sold it and they talk about the dirt on the bottom right of the patch linking the letter with the patch 

C42A1AF7-0BDC-40E8-AD51-4857B399E2D6.jpeg

544F7948-61E7-4065-854B-4CE5855167B3.jpeg

Gil,

Every real one of these looks exactly the same. Your example looks great!

Originals are very thin, and will "flop" when you pick them up. 

Allan